- Locations: Mubarak Al-Abdullah
- Duration: 15 Weeks
Concepts of software engineering and methodologies. Topics covered: software life cycle, software processes, models and methods for software specification and software analysis and design. Object-oriented analysis and design using UML. An introduction to testing. Relationships between software engineering and global concerns and sustainable development.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain software engineering discipline. [ABET a, h].
- Describe the software engineering process and select the correct process for a given software development scenario. [ABET a, j].
- Work as part of a software development team. [ABET c, d].
- Perform object oriented software analysis, design and implementation. [ABET k].
- Apply standard, accepted software engineering techniques to system development and to apply appropriate metrics. [ABET k].
- Identify system specification from customer requirements. [ABET b, c].
- Estimate the feasibility and effort required to build a particular computing system. [ABET b].
- Identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution by selecting appropriate modeling techniques and tools. [ABET b].
- Communicate effectively in writing. [ABET f].
- Critically think and articulate about the interface or link between computing and global issues and sustainable development [ABET g].
- Select and implement software projects that address global issues [ABET g].
About Gulf University for Science & Technology
In the mid-1990s, a group of distinguished Kuwaiti academicians and businessmen realized the vital importance of establishing a modern university in Kuwait equal in quality to other prestigious universities abroad and to serve the ever-increasing educational demands of the local society and the Gulf region. Its primary purpose was to prepare generations of young leaders and professionals for the demands of a new global technological era.
In January 1997, Kuwaiti Academic Group, comprised of 41 faculty members from Kuwait University, was established to lay the foundation for the proposed "University of the Future." Their studies culminated in the vision of "Gulf University for Science and Technology" (GUST).zSee all Gulf University for Science & Technology courses