This course is designed for those who work in retail banking departments and responsible for dealing with the loans of small and medium enterprises. The course addresses many of the important points, which include explaining the reasons for the strongrationale behind the importance of entering into (or development of) banking services for small and medium enterprises in Egyptian banks, as it will provide participants with technologies and key success factors (at the level of international bestpractices) required to achieve profit. Moreover, this program will help to design and develop a plan for implementation,including change management methods, to move forward in banking services for small and medium projects.
- Explain the five principal reasons why banks in Egypt should become involved in SME banking, using the SME Market Analysis Toolkit.
- Describe the key techniques and success factors needed for successful SME banking in Egypt, based on international best practice using the SME Banking Toolkit.
- Apply the various tools needed to launch SME banking in the participants’ banks in Egypt, using the SME Implementation Tool-kit.
Module 1: The SME Market Analysis Toolkit: Reasons for Entering/Developing SME Banking
- Profitability of SME banking
- Size, growth and segmentation of the SME market
- Timing considerations
- Risks and difficulties
Module 2:The SME Banking Toolkit: Techniques for Successful SME Banking
- Business processes and logical frameworks
- Marketing to SMEs (brand, market research)
- Product development for SMEs
- Branch types and delivery channels
- CRM (Customer relationship management)
- IT for SMEs
- Strategic analysis for SME banking
- Product/client matrix for SME cross-selling
- Organizing for SME banking
- Staffing profile for SME banking
- Credit scoring
- Risk management
- Product and client profitability
- Motivating SME lending staff
- Review of international best practice examples
Module 3: The SME Implementation Toolkit: Methods for Implementing SME Banking
- The starting point: green-field, up-scaling or down-scaling
- Effective internal communications
- Operating culture
- Change management
- Implementation management and working parties
Participants will be assessed based on class discussions and an individual end of course test.
A specialized and unique service provided by EBI's Research and Awareness Department. At the Egyptian Banking Institute, we produce publications every year about the EBI’s business performance, our charitable giving, our efforts to reduce the impact of our businesses on the environment, and other measures of our sustainability.See all Egyptian Banking Institute courses