- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 10 Days
- Locations Smart Village, ITIDA Building - B121, Cairo/Alex. Desert Road, K28, Giza, Egypt, 12577
The “Green Belt Six Sigma for IT and Software Engineering” training presents the detailed approach for successfully applying Six Sigma method (DMAIC) to Software Development and IT Service Management. These dimensions are considered:
The Process (Software Development, Maintenance and Implementation Process):
Demonstrate how Six Sigma methods, tools and techniques can be combined with Maturity Models (CMMI®, ITIL and others) to accelerate Software & Service Process Improvement programs.
The Product (System and Solution Design and Engineering):
Demonstrate how Six Sigma methods, tools and techniques are applied in conjunction with software engineering methods throughout the overall software development life cycle.
The Service (Service Delivery & Management):
Demonstrate how Six Sigma methods, tools and techniques are applied in conjunction with service delivery and operation management functions.
The course is delivered through a series of lectures and practical “hands-on” lab sessions. Furthermore, working in groups, participants use their actual projects to practice their skills and apply concepts and tools learned in class
Topics to be covered
- Foundations of Six Sigma methods
- Explanation of the Six Sigma project lifecycle DMAIC
- Explanation of Six Sigma methods, tools and techniques
- Adaptation of Six Sigma to Software Engineering
- Adaptation of Six Sigma to IT Service Delivery & Management
- Integrating Six Sigma with Maturity Models such as CMMI®, ITIL
- Mapping the Six Sigma methodologies to Software Development & Service Delivery Life Cycles
- Mistake-proofing the process, product & service
- Discuss real case studies related to the above mentioned topics
- Practical “Hands-on” exercises related to the above mentioned topics
- Six Sigma techniques for improving:
The Software Engineering Competence Center (SECC) is an Egyptian leading ICT organization aiming at bridging the gap between the technologies needed to overcome the economical-social-environmental challenges and the current existing technologies.
In , the Software Engineering Competence Center (SECC) was inaugurated as part of the efforts sponsored by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) to support Information Technology Industry in Egypt.See all Software Engineering Competence Centre courses