- Duration: 40 Hours
Get hands-on instruction and practice implementing Microsoft Server Virtualization with Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V and System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager in this Microsoft Official Course. This course provides the hands-on training that can help you prepare for the Microsoft Specialist exam 74-409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center. You will learn the skills you need to deploy and manage a Microsoft Server Virtualization infrastructure in an enterprise environment. You will learn how to configure, manage, and maintain Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V and System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager including networking and storage services. You will learn how to configure key Microsoft Server Virtualization features such as Generation 2 Virtual Machines, Replication Extension, Online Export, Cross-Version Live Migration, Online VHDX Resizing, Live Migration Performance tuning as well as Dynamic Virtual Switch Load Balancing and virtual Receive Side Scaling (vRSS). As part of the learning experience, you will perform hands-on exercises in a virtual lab environment. NOTE: This course is based on Windows Server 2012 R2 Preview and System Center 2012 R2 Preview. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises and have experience administering Windows Server 2012.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts
- The ability to work in a team/virtual team
- An understanding of Windows PowerShell
- Module 1: Evaluating the Environment for Virtualization
- Module 2: Installing and Configuring the Hyper-V Server Role
- Module 3: Creating and Managing Virtual Hard Disks, Virtual Machines, and Checkpoints
- Module 4: Creating and Configuring Virtual Machine Networks
- Module 5: Virtual Machine Movement and Hyper-V Replica
- Module 6: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Module 7: Installing and Configuring System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 8: Managing the Networking and Storage Infrastructure in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 9: Creating and Managing Virtual Machines by Using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 10: Configuring and Managing the System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- Module 11: Managing Clouds in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 12: Managing Services in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager and App Controller
- Module 13: Protecting and Monitoring Virtualization Infrastructure
At Course Completion
- Evaluate an organization’s virtualization requirements and plan for server virtualization.
- Install and configure the Hyper-V server role.
- Create virtual machines, create and manage virtual hard disks and work with snapshots.
- Create and configure virtual machine networks in a Hyper-V environment.
- Implement virtual machine movement and Hyper-V Replica.
- Provide high availability for Hyper-V environment by implementing failover clustering.
- Manage virtual environment by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage networking and storage infrastructure in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Configure and manage Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects.
- Create and manage virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager.
- Create and manage clouds by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Create and manage services in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Protect virtualization infrastructure by using Windows Server Backup and Data Protection Manager.
About Computek Training Center
It is the first and largest provider of computer software and hardware training in Egypt.
We_They is fast growing training provider over 20 years of experience in the delivery of computer training.
Our organization is dedicated to provide education excellence to meet the needs of each technology, simultaneously, as customer expand designed solutions to meet his particular organization's business needs.
Also Compuek is aimed by great companies and institutions for training their human resources looking for their progress and growth, and to make HR learn this promising technology at that time. For 20 years, the center is supplying the career market by highly qualified HR members who having broad minded, acquired with high technique and capable to work on the most difficult systems by all easiness and facility.
Computek is distinguished by its remote sighted management that enjoyed advanced thinking and firmness in order to enable the trainees to get as much training as possible by easy and simple way and in fine, splendid, and very organized training halls acquired with high capability PCs that are continuously upgraded to maintain high performance.See all Computek Training Center courses