- Locations: Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
- Duration: 40 Hours
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to design and implement Microsoft Server Virtualization solutions using Hyper-V and System Center.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Evaluate an organization’s virtualization requirements and plan for server virtualization.
- Install and configure the Hyper-V server role.
- Create virtual machines, create and manage virtual hard disks and work with snapshots.
- Create and configure virtual machine networks in a Hyper-V environment.
- Implement virtual machine movement and Hyper-V Replica.
- Provide high availability for Hyper-V environment by implementing failover clustering.
- Manage virtual environment by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage networking and storage infrastructure in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Configure and manage Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects.
- Create and manage virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager.
- Create and manage clouds by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Create and manage services in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Protect virtualization infrastructure by using Windows Server Backup and Data Protection Manager.
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts
- The ability to work in a team/virtual team
- An understanding of Windows PowerShell
- Module 1: Evaluating the Environment for VirtualizationThis module provides an overview of Microsoft virtualization technologies and the various components of System Center 2012 R2. The module also explains how to evaluate the current environment for virtualization and extend virtualization to the cloud.
- Module 2: Installing and Configuring the Hyper-V RoleThis module describes how to install and manage the Hyper-V role. The module also explains how to configure Hyper-V settings, storage, and networking.
- Module 3: Creating and Managing Virtual Hard Disks, Virtual Machines, and CheckpointsThis module explains how to create and configure virtual hard disks and virtual machines. The module then describes how to install, import, monitor, and manage virtual machines.
- Module 4: Creating and Configuring Virtual Machine NetworksThis module explains how to create and use Hyper-V virtual switches and Hyper-V networking features. The module also describes how to configure and implement Hyper-V network virtualization.
- Module 5: Virtual Machine Movement and Hyper-V ReplicaThis module describes how to provide high availability and redundancy for virtualization. The module also explains how to implement virtual machine movement and Hyper-V Replica.
- Module 6: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-VThis module provides an overview of failover clustering. The module also describes how configure shared storage, and how to implement failover clustering with Hyper-V.
- Module 7: Installing and Configuring System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine ManagerThis module describes how to integrate System Center and server virtualization. The module also describes how to install System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager, add hosts, and manage host groups.
- Module 8: Managing the Networking and Storage Infrastructure in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine ManagerThis module describes how to manage networking infrastructure, storage infrastructure, and infrastructure updates.
- Module 9: Creating and Managing Virtual Machines by Using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine ManagerThis module explains how to create, clone, and convert virtual machines. The module also provides an overview of virtual machine updating.
- Module 10: Configuring and Managing the Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager Library and Library ObjectsThis module provides an overview of the Virtual Machine Library. The module also describes how to work with profiles and templates.
- Module 11: Managing Clouds in Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine ManagerThis module provides an introduction to clouds and describes how to create and manage a cloud. The module also describes how to work with user roles in VMM.
- Module 12: Managing Services in Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager and App ControllerThis module provides an overview of services in System Center 2012 R2 VMM. The module also describes how to create and manage services in VMM and how to use System Center 2012 R2 App Controller.
- Module 13: Protecting and Monitoring Virtualization InfrastructureThis module provides an overview of backup and restore options for virtual machines. The module describes how to use DPM and System Center Operations Manager for protection, monitoring, and reporting.
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses