Course detailsAlthough awareness has recently increased, it can still be difficult to get a diagnosis of Sensory Processing Disorder. This makes it is particularly important to know the symptoms of the condition and the behaviours that present themselves in the young children and adults who suffer from it. The sooner it can be diagnosed, the better, as modifications to the environment can be made and the right support can be put in place before self-esteem and self-confidence issues arise. The course explains the common symptoms that can occur in children and adults and the ways in which these are often misinterpreted.
As getting a diagnosis of Sensory Processing Disorder can sometimes be difficult, this course outlines the routes you may take in gaining help and the obstacles that you may come up against. The history of the condition is also explained, along with what research is being made into the causes of the condition and the differences in how its prevalence is perceived.
Currently, it is Occupational Therapists who are the leaders in the field, as far as intervention and therapy for those afflicted with Sensory Processing Disorder are concerned. The course looks further into this role, with an overview of how they work and what sort of therapies they may be able to offer. If you don't have access to therapy, or would like advice on how you can be more involved with your child's condition, the course also provides useful information in how you can provide support at home. Also included, are strategies that educators can implement in the classroom to enable effective learning to those with SPD.
- Module 1 - What is Sensory Processing Disorder?
- Module 2 - Symptoms and Behaviours
- Module 3 - Diagnosis, Causes, Prevalence and History of SPD
- Module 4 - Therapies, Interventions and How You Can Help At Home and School
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs