- Recognize the characteristics of self managed and matrix teams and work groups.
- Explain the need for team based organizations outlining the role of a self managed and matrix team leader.
- Describe the actions and behaviors of a self managed and matrix team leader recognizing the differences with that of a traditional team leader.
- Use a combination of practical approaches, tools and techniques to engage, motivate and inspire a self-managed team driving from within forward to success.
The Characteristics of Self Managed and Matrix Teams:
- What are self managed and matrix teams and why is there a need for them?
- The implications of teams operating without freedom and responsibility .
- The advantages and challenges of self managed and matrix teams.
The Role of the Leader:
- Changing the role of leadership.
- What is expected of a self-managed and matrix team leader?
- How to maintain focus - how to show concern.
- What level of involvement / control is appropriate?
- Moving from positional authority to working inside the group to provide direction.
- Becoming accountable to the needs of the team.
The Behaviors and Skills Required:
- The skills, qualities and attributes needed.
- Understanding the impact your style and influence has on the team .
- Recognizing appropriate behavior and the key differences to traditional leadership.
- Developing a sincere desire to release potential in others.
Creating a Self Managed/Matrix Team – Tools and Techniques:
- Group process facilitation – enabling the team to achieve.
- Team problem solving – encouraging collaboration and collective management control.
- Team decision making – empowering the team to reach their own decisions based upon areas of team responsibility.
- Team communication – acting as the voice of the team and communicating with the wider organization.
- Developing a practical application plan focused on your own specific self managed/ matrix team.
About Leadership & Management Developmenet Center
To become a leading institution in providing a package of value added services; all bundled together for the purpose of achieving organizational excellence and maximizing human assets outputs.See all Leadership & Management Developmenet Center courses