- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
Any computer user needs to know how to protect their information assets and securely connect to another system over a network.
Security5 certification attests for the working knowledge a computer user possesses to achieve better efficiency in using computing resources.
- Office knowledge workers
- Home users
- Any non-IT person using computers in their office
The objective of the certification is to impart essential know-how to knowledge workers and for organizations to leverage from standard security and networking practices. The knowledge base provided is of practical real-world value and does not plunge the learner into the complexity these subjects usually warrant.
This certification is an excellent complement to educational offerings in the domain of security and networking as it gives the student a hands-on exposure to the basic elements. This accelerates learning and acts as a catalyst to comprehending higher technology by the student.
Exam 112-12: Security Foundations Security5 exams are conducted online by Thomson Prometric.
Foundations of Security
- Essential terminology
- Defining security
- Need for security
- Cyber crime
- Information Security statistics
- IS triangle
- Security myths
- How to harden security
Basic Security Procedures
- Why do I need to worry about my computer’s security?
- Hardening of Operating System
- Updating the system and configuring the updates
- Disable unnecessary services
- Strong password creation
- Deployment of antivirus and firewall
- Disable guest account access
- “Make Private” folders
- Security settings in MS Office applications
- What is file sharing?
- Types of file sharing
- How to share folder?
- Configuring shared folder permissions
- Hiding files and folders
- File sharing tips
- File downloading tips
- How to backup data and restore?
- How to encrypt and decrypt files?
- How to kill suspect processes?
Administering Windows Securely
- How to use the event viewer?
- How to enable auditing in windows?
- How to read logs on your system?
- How to close ports?
- Overview of the windows registry
- How to restore the registry?
- How to close a port?
- Common internal commands
- How to find services and ports they listen on?
Recognizing Security Threats and attacks
- Phishing and its countermeasures
- Trojan Horse
- Social engineering
- Denial of Service
- Port Scanning
- Password cracking
- Basic security measures
Secure Internet Access
- Basic browser security settings
- How to restrict site access
- Removing site from security zone
- Secure website detection
- Secure site and browser properties
- Tools: Internet Filtering Software
- Configuring Internet content access
- Activating Content Advisor
- How to deal with cookies
- Using P2P networks securely
- Choosing appropriate browser settings
- Wireless network security features
Working on the Internet
- Precepts of Security
- Knowing Encryption
- Digital Certificate
- Digital Signature
- Working with e-mail (web based)
- Working with e-mail (mail client)
- Working with File Transfer- FTP
- Working with File Transfer – Web Folders
Knowing Online Payment Systems
- What is Incident Response?
- Incidents and responses:
- Trojan attack
- Boot sector virus attack
- Corrupted registry
- Automatic running of CD-ROM (autorun.inf)
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses