- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
This is a five-day, instructor led entry level security course offered as a pre-requisite to the Cisco Qualified Specialist curriculum. It provides an opportunity to learn about a broad range of the components embedded in Cisco SAFE. The course provides an introduction to the Cisco products and solutions that form the basis of the Cisco Security Portfolio. Delegates will be able to perform basic tasks to secure network devices at Layer 2 and Layer 3 using CLI and web-based GUI’s , they will also be able to recognise recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks and learn how to implement basic mitigation measures. Devices include routers, switches, access control servers, IPS sensors and VPN Concentrators.
- Entry level network engineers and technicians requiring knowledge and skills as a prerequisite for further development and responsibilities.
- Network administrators, technicians and engineers who need a comprehensive knowledge of security matters to assist them in assessing risk and assigning responsibilities for mitigation.
- Describe network security vulnerabilities and how a security policy plus the Cisco security product portfolio provide network security.
- Configure Layer 2 and 3 devices on the network perimeter with Cisco Catalyst switch security features and Cisco IOS software
- Configure a Cisco PIX Security Appliance to perform basic security operations on a network.
- Secure a network with host-and network-based IPS. Build an IPSec VPN network using Cisco products and technologies.
- CCNA Certification
- Basic Knowledge of the Windows operating system.
- Basic knowledge of Cisco IOS networking and concepts
- Course Outline
Introduction to Network Security
- Planning a Secure Network
- Mitigating Network Attacks
- The Cisco Security Portfolio
- Building Cisco Self-Defending Networks
Securing the Perimeter
- Securing Admiistrative Access to Routers
- Configuring AAA for Cisco Routers
- Introducing the Cisco Secure Access Control Server for Windows Server
- Configuring Basic Services on the Cisco Secure ACS for Windows
- Disabling Unused Cisco Router Network Services and Interfaces
- Mitigating Threats and Attacks with Access Lists
- Implementing Secure Management and Reporting
- Securing Catalyst Switches
- Mitigating Layer 2 Attacks
- Using Catalyst Switch Security Features
Cisco Security Appliance
- Introducing the Cisco PIX Security Appliance Series
- Configuring a Cisco PIX Security Appliance from the CLI
- Configuring a PIX Security Appliance with the Cisco PDM
Securing Networks with Host –and Network-Based IPS
- Introducing Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Configuring the Sensor Using the IDM
- Introducing the Cisco Security Agent
- Deploying HIPs with the CSA MC
Building IPSec VPN’s
- Introducing IPSec VPNs
- Building Cisco VPN Solutions
- Completing the Quick Configuration of a Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrator
- Configuring the Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrator for Remote Access
- Configuring the Cisco VPN Software Client for Windows.
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses