Is it right for me?
- System Integrators
- Automation engineers
- Instrumentation engineers
- Maintenance engineers
- Electrical design engineers
- Electrical consultants
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understanding the concepts, features and components of SCADA systems
- Understanding the differences between the terms SCADA, PLC, DCS and IED
- Understanding the relation between PLCs and RTUs with SCADA software
- Identifying different communication systems used in SCADA applications
- Understanding the data flow through SCADA systems
What will it cover?
- Introduction to SCADA systems:; History of SCADA; Fundamental principles of modern SCADA systems
- Review on PLC and RTU systems
- RTU Programming for SCADA applications:; Process variables; Equipment status; Alarms and alarms acknowledgement; Receiving SCADA instructions
- SCADA system networks:; Introduction to industrial data communication; Landlines, fiber optics, RF and VSAT; Interfaces & protocols; Serial & Ethernet network components
- SCADA design principles
- I/O Servers and OPC technology
- Signal journey in SCADA systems
- SCADA systems functions (graphics, alarming, trending, historical data and supervisory control)
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses