Plant Maintenance operates the overall maintenance business processes and functions. The Plant Maintenance module allows a maintenance organization to:
- Identify, document, and correct failures and degradations of any assets for which they have responsibility.
- Plan and schedule activities to prevent or predict failures and keep assets and processes operating within design specifications.
Both Corrective and Preventative maintenance processes exist in the Plant Maintenance module.
Corrective maintenance refers to the activities conducted by the Maintenance Organization to repair equipment of all forms within their area of responsibility. Preventive maintenance is a discipline that uses processes and activities that focus on the prevention of failures or performance degradation before it occurs.
Subcomponents of the SAP Plant Maintenance (SAP PM) Module:
- Management of Technical Objects - includes master data objects such as functional locations and equipment master records.
- Maintenance Processing - includes processing steps such as notifications and work orders.
- Preventative Maintenance - includes maintenance planning and work scheduling tasks.
We have an unmatched background on all SAP modules, which provides unique insights into the newest technologies and product strategies that SAP Marines can leverage to cut implementation and development costs. We continue to invest in the newest SAP technologies to keep us ahead of competition, helping our clients capture a higher return on the SAP investmentSee all SAP Marines courses