This practical and energetic workshop provides all the skills sales people need to conduct profitable negotiations and maintain positive long-term business relationships.
This workshop will enable you to negotiate the best possible terms, seek out the buyer’s real position and business drivers. You will understand how to negotiate based on offering solutions and adding value rather than price-focused conversations. The learning process is accelerated using interactive techniques to enable delegates to negotiate with confidence and skill back in the workplace.
Is it right for me?
Suitable for sales people and others who negotiate with customers in a sales environment and either have to develop a negotiation skills base from scratch or wish to re-examine and refresh their existing techniques.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Secure collaborative win-win results.
- Develop a negotiation strategy that supports rapport building and assertive conversations.
- Understand and demonstrate the 8 steps to negotiation.
- Use the most appropriate strategies and tactics for effective negotiation.
- Understand and demonstrate how to create value in your proposals that don’t only focus on price.
- Strategise and prioritise your concessions and their trade value.
- Understand the role of procurement/purchasing and how to develop rapport with limited contact.
- Identify and demonstrate how to negotiate via written communication only.
- Be able to calmly work through client objections to manoeuvre through deadlocks.
- Get past deadlocks and achieve profitable agreements.
- Prepare and plan for the best possible results.
- Recognise when and how to close the deal.
- Understand the behaviours and signals of your client and respond to secure the best deal.
What will it cover?
Planning your Negotiating Strategy
- Win-Win collaborative negotiation – what does this mean for you?
- Planning and preparing – what does the other person expect from you?
- Negotiation styles – which one are you?
- Price differentiator value vs price – building value rather than reducing your price
- Understanding your “No Deal Below”
Building Rapport – The buyer as a person
- Understanding human behaviour and mindsets
- Identifying the procurement process and how to build rapport with limited contact
- How to establish wants and needs – understanding their business drivers and pains
- How to listen for what’s not being said
- Verbal and non-verbal communication – what does your face and body positions tell the client?
- Assertive body language and written communication
Packing your Proposal, Overcoming Objections and WIIFT (What's In It For Them)
- Packaging your proposal to address the client’s business drivers
- Understanding what part of your proposal isn’t suitable if declined
- Identifying the negotiating games people play
- Recognising negotiation tactics and how to bring the conversation back to a collaborative negotiation
- Knowing when and how to secure the deal
Tactics and Techniques
- Techniques for opening and developing negotiations
- Rapport building – helping to get their guard down
- Assessing the balance of power
- Spotting the voice and body language clues
- Questioning and listening skills – keeping yourself ahead
- How to negotiate creatively
- How to avoid weakening your position
- Giving and getting concessions
- How to achieve win-win scenarios
- Recognising developmental areas; building on your strengths
- Committing yourself to change on return to the workplace
- Maintaining your motivation levels and boosting your drive
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses