To provide participants with the general understanding of safe work practices as well as the impact of hazards and risk assessment at work (laboratories), by using the latest global protocol, such as, OSHA, COSHH, GHS and ISO protocols. Participants will gain the knowledge of analyzing hazards and the best control that can be applied during laboratory activities. Also, the course will provide various forms, methods and exercises as well as website practice on MSDS.
The objectives of this course it to introduce DCS concepts, and these concepts are demonstrated on KISR existing DCS facilities controlling the petroleum pilot plants. The course covers the following topics:
- Improve employee participation and sub-contractor participation
- Analyze or evaluate the risk associated with that hazard
- Determine appropriate ways to eliminate or control the hazard
- How to apply (OSHA) Standards and Regulations
- What is personal protective equipment (PPE) and how to apply it to protect employees from job related injuries, illnesses and sufferers
- Define the concepts and components of a health and safety management system
- Outline recent developments in health and safety management including the development of OSHA, and ISO accreditation
- Apply safe work permit to guarantee that the work is performed safely
- Ensure that incidents, accidents and dangerous situations are prevented
- Identify hazards associated with a non-routine job, and develop precautions required to control each identified hazard
Participants with interest in safe work practices who wish to broaden their knowledge in the field of safe working environment, personal protection equipment & practices
About Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research
KISR is a pioneering, independent, national institute of scientific excellence. KISR’s initial role was dedicated to developing three fields of national importance: petroleum, desert agriculture, and marine biology. Since then, KISR’s role and responsibilities have expanded greatly to include the advancement of national industry and the undertaking of studies to address key challenges, such as the preservation of the environment, sustainable management of Kuwait’s natural resources, responsible management of water and energy, and development of innovative methods of agriculture.
KISR’s approach to meeting challenges is distinguished by a culture of openness, a commitment to our clients, and an integrated, cross-disciplinary approach. KISR routinely embarks on strategic partnerships with other regional and international institutes, agencies, and academic bodies, allowing an exchange of knowledge and expertise. Today, KISR is home to over 580 researchers and engineers and over 100 laboratories, housed at 8 locations, with growth expected through the implementation of a new strategic plan. KISR conducts scientific research and performs technological consultations, often in partnership with other regional and international institutions, for governmental and industrial clients in Kuwait, the Gulf region, and the rest of the world. These partnerships, driven by a philosophy of collaboration that runs deep within our culture, help build up our knowledge base, and facilitate the free flow of information, data, and expertise. This adds value to our clients’ business and ensures that the resources needed to confront the challenges They face are always available on demand.See all Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research courses