A comprehensive exposure to some of the advanced features and functions of the language for experienced RPG IV programmers. Power-programming for the discerning!
This is the third in a series of three courses designed for programmers who are new to RPG IV. Basic programming experience using RPG IV is essential. Experienced RPG/400 programmers who have recently migrated to the RPG IV language will also find this course important to their continued skills development.
Before attending this course, the student should be able to:
- Code subfile-processing programs in RPG IV
- Employ error-handling features of the RPG IV language.
- Describe the basic concepts of ILE and modular program design.
- Use free-format coding techniques
- Write date-processing routines which employ built-in functions These skills can be developed by attending the following courses:
- AS06 - iSeries RPG IV Programming - Fundamentals
The course includes the following Topics:
- Basic API Programming
- RPG IV Features
- Leveraging DB2 UDB Database Features
- Advanced ILE Topics
- ILE Error Handling and Condition Handlers
- ILE CEE API Programming
- Basic Web Enablement
- Other RPG IV Compiler Features
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses