- Price AED 4,500
- Duration 8 Days
- Call +971 4 2753473
- Locations Office Unit No 27-A, B, C & G, Almas Tower, Plot No. LT-2, Jumeriah Lake Towers, Dubai, U.A.E.
The beauty of a diamond emerges not only after it has been polished; nature endows diamonds with beautiful and unique shapes, and to study them in their rough state is an art and science in itself. This course is one-of-a-kind, and the only such practical evaluation rough diamond course available in the market.
- "Morphology" or study of diamond forms
- Sorting of rough
- Techniques for grading clarity and color
- Impact of tension and fluorescence
- Yield estimation and planning
- Determining price of single stones and rough parcels
- Origin determination
- Rough scanning and analysis using specialized computer software
- Intensive lab sessions
- Working with industrial and gem quality rough of all shapes and sizes
- Manual planning using gauges and simple tools
- Systematic pricing format
The IGI graduates who have pursued their careers in the gem and jewelry industry mostly became: rough diamond grader, valuer, trader, miner, evaluator, appraiser for customs department, diamond manufacturer, entrepreneur, etc.
Around the world, IGI certificates bring confidence when buying or selling diamonds, gemstones and jetheylry. Total commitment to understanding consumer concerns has motivated IGI to develop comprehensive analysis and clear documentation for consumers. This empotheyrs jetheylry buyers to focus on finding precisely what they want, with full assurance in the integrity and quality of the IGI certification.
IGI is the largest organization of its kind, with operating laboratories & offices in Anttheyrp, New York, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bangkok, Tokyo, Dubai, Tel Aviv, Toronto, Los Angeles, Kolkata, New Delhi, Thrissur, Jaipur, Surat, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Hyderabad. The IGI School of Gemology has locations in Anttheyrp, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Surat, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Dubai, Shanghai, Rome, Ascoli Piceno, Trecastagni, Cavalese, Marcianise and offers a variety of ctheirses designed for professionals and consumer enthusiasts alike.
A certificate from IGI represents the all-important 5th C that no one should be without: Confidence. As the world's largest independent gem certification and appraisal institute for diamonds, colored gemstones and jetheylry, IGI is a standard of excellence for industry professionals and consumers around the globe.See all International Gemological Institute Dubai courses