- Locations: Somerset West Bay Doha
- Duration: 4 Days
This course introduces the concept of risk in business and discusses in depth the meaning of financial risk and how this risk is quantified. It touches upon different types of financial risks faced by a business and main statistical tools used to measure these risks. It discusses in depth the concept of Value at risk (VaR) method of measuring market risk. The course also covers ways to manage market risk.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the general meaning of risk in business
- Understand and analyze the concept of financial risks in business
- Different types of financial risks faced by a business
- How to use statistical tools to measure risk
- Understand what market risk is
- Different types of market risks
- Analyze and interpret standardized and VaR models of market risk
- Calculate VaR
- Analyze the three different methods to calculate VaR
- How are these risks managed?
- What is market risk?
- What are standardized and VaR models to calculate market risk?
- Analyze VaR model
- Variance –covariance, historical and Monte Carlo simulation to calculate VaR
- Delta, Gamma and Vega hedging to manage market risks.
- Middle level to higher level risk management executives
- The course is conducted using a combination of lectures, PPTs, discussions and working out of different topics practice questions and analyzing the rationale for the correct answers. Case Study, Excel Exercises will also be a part of this course.
About Qatar Finance & Business Academy
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses