- Locations: Dokki
- Duration: 24 Hours
This course will enable bankers to understand the fundamental causes of risk in SME banking and the tools, processes and organization required to manage those risks. The course also exposes participants to the success factors and international best practice needed for effective SME banking risk management.
- Define the international trends in risk management and regulation.
- Explain the causes of SME banking risks.
- Apply the SME Banking Risk Management tools.
- Demonstrate SME Banking Risk Management process.
Module 1:Background Trends in Risk Management (RM)
- Introduction and overview
- The ‘credit culture’
- International trends in RM
- The growing range of typical risks
- The tools available for banking risks
- Regulation and its effects
Module 2:SME Banking RM – The Difference
- The different parameters of SME banking
- The specific risks affecting SME banking
- The package of tools needed to manage SME banking risks
Module 3: SME Banking RM – The Tools
- Credit scoring
- Early warning systems (EWS)
- Adapted HR and training
- Adapted intensive inspection
- Re-negotiation packages (for portfolios)
- Strategic plan for SMEs
- Risk-81:/pricing models
- Compliance structure and responsibilities
- Change management
Module 4: SME Banking RM – Making it Happen
- Good practice – how top SME banks did it
- The challenge – how you too could do it
Participants will be assessed based on class discussions and an individual end of course test.
About Egyptian Banking Institute
A specialized and unique service provided by EBI's Research and Awareness Department. At the Egyptian Banking Institute, we produce publications every year about the EBI’s business performance, our charitable giving, our efforts to reduce the impact of our businesses on the environment, and other measures of our sustainability.See all Egyptian Banking Institute courses