It is a legal requirement that an employer must carry out risk assessments.
A part from that, the only way to create a safe and healthy work environment is to carry out suitable, and effective risk assessments, which identify how to improve the workplace and reduce accidents and incidents.
This Four (4) days training course is aimed at creating a simple step by step approach to task based risk assessment for managers, engineers, supervisors, technicians and competent people to use and record.
To enable participants to carry out and record effective risk assessment in their workplace.
To achieve the aim, you will by the end of the course be able to:
1. State the legal requirements for risk assessment.
2. List when risk assessments must be carried out.
3. Identify what must be recorded in a risk assessment.
4. Carry out basic and advanced risk assessment and task risk assessment using the proforma approach.
5. Act as a member of any risk assessment teams.
Who to Attend:
4. Safety Personnel
5. Competent People
Final Exam & Certificate
1. An exam will be conducted on the last day of the course (Day Four).
2. Successful participants will receive certificate from Ð²Ð‚ÑšNational Training Services - UK).
3. A Local certificate will be issued from the company who organize this course.
Course Contents and TimetableÐ’
1. Historical Disasters and Major Accidents
2. Different types of hazards in the workplace.
3. Hazard Identification Methods and Techniques:
Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
Hazard Operability Studies (HAZOP)
1. Introduction to Risk Assessment
2. Group Workshop.
1. HSE and Risk Assessment
2. Risk Assessment - The Process.
3. Hazards and Risks
4. Risk Matrix
5. Significant Risks
6. Hierarchy of Controls
7. Group Workshop
1. Introduction to Quantitative Risk Assessment
2. Task Risk Assessment (Qualitative)
Oil & Gas Activities Exercises
Construction Activities Exercises
Industrial Activities Exercises
1. Risk Assessments in Practice
2. Group Workshop
1. Practical Risk Assessment
2. Carrying out Fire Risk Assessment (Oil and Gas, Construction, and Industrial)
3. Examples of Specific Risk Assessment Techniques (Oil Companies, HSE - UK, Australian, etc.)
4. Group Workshop
5. Final Exam.
About EHS Academy
EHS – Academy (Cairo – Egypt) was established in April 2010 and EHS – Training Centre (Dubai – UAE) was established in June 2011 as an Occupational Safety & Health Training and Consultant Companies.
The founder and owner of EHS – Academy and EHS – Training Centre, Mr. Wagdi Fouad Seffain has conducted since 1981 thousands of International and National Safety & Health Training CTheirses in Egypt and the Middle East, and more than 20,000 persons attended these cTheirses.See all EHS Academy courses