- Price TBA
- Duration 16 Hours
- Locations 1378 Amman, 11953, Jordan
- Familiarize participants with the concept of risk and how they are measured, analyzed and managed.
- The concept of risk and uncertainty.
- Risk types and sources (.
- About the relationship between return and risk.
- Assessment and risk measurement
- At the inpidual level (scenario, standard deviation, variance, probability) distribution.
- On the portfolio level (standard deviation, correlation, persification)
- At the macro level of the institution (regular and irregular risk, beta coefficient, market rate of return, capital asset pricing theory CAPM, SML capital market line).
- Risk management strategies and stages (linked with the risk being hedged) types.
- Corporate governance and risk management (focusing on the Jordanian market).
- An overview of Basel II and its relationship with risk management.
The Central Bank of Jordan began in 1965 to study the necessary means of setting up a team for theoretical and practical training aimed at promoting human cadres of the banking and financial sector and study its employees needs and satisfy their desires to advance their scientific and practical abilities . These efforts culminated in the creation of the Institute of Banking Studies in accordance with Article (37) Paragraph (d) of the Central Bank of Jordan Law and in accordance with the Institute,s Articles of Association No. (69) issued on 1970. The Institute was officially inaugurated on October 9, 1971 and was housed then at the Central Bank,s premises.
In the early 1990,s , the Institute witnessed a new stage ; the construction of the Institute,s permanent headquarter in Tla,a Al Ali , a suburb of the capital Amman . The complex was constructed on an eight dunums plot of land and comprised of administration units, academic and training activities halls, library, laboratories, cafeteria, health clinic and a multipurpose hall. Also , the Institute has two branches, one in Irbid and the other in Aqaba. The purpose of these branches is to widen the distribution of academic and training activities conducted by the Institute to cover the various regions of the Kingdom.See all Institute of Banking Studies courses