The earlier that testing can be implemented then the lower the final cost of development will be. Errors found at the end of the development lifecycle are very expensive and time consuming to correct. As requirements drive the entire development sequence, it is vital to ensure that they are as accurate, complete and consistent as possible. Any deviations will inevitably lead to redevelopment costs and delays in implementation.
This workshop will outline how effective Requirements Testing can influence development in the early stages and prevent many errors from occurring at all. It will provide a framework that will enable attendees to apply an effective Requirements Testing programme, to understand what a good requirement is and how to test it, to understand how reviews are carried out and how test case design should be influenced by the Requirements Testing programme.
On completion of this workshop, attendees will:
- Understand what Requirements Testing is and the role it can play in delivering effective IT Systems
- Where Requirements Testing sits in the overall testing programme and V Model
- The cost / benefit ratios that apply when effective Requirements Testing is applied
- How to identify a “Good” requirement that can actually be tested effectively
- How to use tools and reviews to add value to the Requirements Testing project
- Attendees will have worked on real life requirements definition in a lab environment, enabling them to apply these principles in their company
About SQS Academy
SQS is the largest pure-play software testing and quality assurance company in the world. Over the years we’ve developed and established a proprietary testing methodology, PractiQ, along with Industrialisation and Automation processes. Our solutions range from expert consultant staffing solutions to global service management.
The Academy is a wholly owned subsidiary of SQS delivering a suite of accredited testing, Quality Management (QM), Quality Assurance (QA) and now Business Analysis (BA) skills. We also deliver learning and development solutions for our internal consultants and testers. with a presence on three continents, we deliver over workshops per year to more than participants. We bring the knowledge and real experience of working with over 400 global companies and the flexibility of delivering public workshops and custom in-house solutions.See all SQS Academy courses