With an increase in dispersed, virtual and remote teams, managers face new challenges in working with their teams from a distance. This course is focused on building and sustaining high performance in a remote team setting.
Is it right for me?
People who currently lead remote teams and who are focused on raising their own performance as team leaders as well as improving the results of their team.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define effective leadership behaviours of remote teams.
- Identify what remote team members need and expect from team leaders.
- Use a combination of communication channels and methods to support effective team working.
- Create and maintain motivation and team spirit within remote working environments.
- Use a number of techniques to manage and maximize the performance of remote team members.
What will it cover?
Defining Effective Characteristics of Remote Teams
- Defining the type of team you manage
- Identifying the challenges and opportunities of remote working
- Differentiating between static and remote teams
- Identifying the behaviours, skills and qualities of highly effective remote team leaders
Building a High Performance Remote Team
- Defining remote team members' expectations of their team leader
- Creating the right environment
- Engendering team spirit and trust
- Understanding the emotional, psychological and physical requirements of remote workers
- Maximising the strengths a remote team offer
Communication Tools and Techniques
- Identifying and overcoming the barriers to effective remote communication
- Planning when and how often to communicate
- Selecting the right communication method
- Developing and implementing communication systems and processes using technology such as online forums and online virtual meetings
Managing Team Performance and Motivation
- Creating a virtual environment to motivate the remote team
- Supporting and developing the team from a distance
- Providing effective feedback to the team and individuals
- Coaching from a distance
- Measuring team performance on an ongoing basis
Continuing Your Development
- Develop a personal action plan to support your return to the workplace
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses