Road transport is dangerous. Around the world, road traffic accidents are responsible for over 1 million deaths and almost 40 million injuries each year. And, according to research from the WHO, those numbers are likely to rise over the next decade.
Companies do not always address the problem consistently. Risk managers strive constantly to improve the safety of the systems for which they are accountable. Meanwhile, operational managers spend each day balancing risk and reward in a fast-moving, competitive environment.
Everyone has to take responsibility for safety and risk management. This course offers your managers the knowledge to manage safety proactively, the skills to assess risk, and the techniques to investigate accidents and learn from them. It also explores global best practice in materials handling, storage and transportation, and the crucial skills of managing the drivers who ultimately implement your strategy every day.
At the end of the course, each participant will prepare and present an individual risk management action plan. These plans will focus on areas of their business that participants can materially improve as a result of having attended the course.
Is it right for me?
The course is for transport managers, trainee transport managers and any other senior manager responsible for transport management. It will also be of interest to graduate trainees and junior managers on development programmes.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Appreciate the nature of risk and the human response to it
- Identify and quantify road transport risks in the organisation
- Carry out risk assessments of transport operations
- Select and apply appropriate risk management tools
- Investigate road traffic accidents and their causes
- Analyse historic data to develop risk management strategies
- Apply best practice in managing drivers and driving
- Evaluate the significance of vehicle specifications on accidents and injury
- Apply best practice in storing and transporting dangerous goods
- Apply best practice in managing and using materials handling equipment
- Develop a competent and comprehensive health and safety manual for road transport operations
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses