Red Hat System Administration II is designed for IT professionals working to become full-time enterprise Linux system administrators. The course is a followup to System Administration I and continues to utilize today’s best-of-breed, contemporary teaching methodology. Students will be actively engaged in task-focused activities, lab-based knowledge checks, and facilitative discussions to ensure maximum skills transfer and retention. Building on the foundation of command line skills covered in System Administration I, students will dive deeper into Red Hat Enterprise Linux to broaden their “tool kits” of administration skills. By the end of this five-day course, students will be able to administer and troubleshoot file systems and partitioning, logical volume management, access control, package management. Students who attend Red Hat System Administration I & II will be fully prepared to take the Red Hat Certified System Administration (RHCSA) exam .
- Unit 1: Automated Installations of Red Hat Enterprise Linux .
- Unit 2: Accessing the Command Line .
- Unit 3: Intermediate Command Line Tools .
- Unit 4: Regular Expressions, Pipelines, and I/O Redirection .
- Unit 5: Network Configuration and Troubleshooting .
- Unit 6: Managing Simple Partitions and Filesystems .
- Unit 7: Managing Flexible Storage with the Logical Volume Manager (LVM) .
- Unit 8: Access Network File Sharing Services; NFS and CIFS .
- Unit 9: Managing User Accounts .
- Unit 10: Network User Accounts with LDAP .
- Unit 11: Controlling Access to Files .
- Unit 12: Managing SELinux .
- Unit 13: Installing and Managing Software .
- Unit 14: Managing Installed Services .
- Unit 15: Analyzing and Storing Logs .
- Unit 16: Managing Processes .
- Unit 17: Tuning and Maintaining the Kernel .
- Unit 18: System Recovery Techniques .