- Locations: Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
- Duration: 4 Days
Get the skills you need to deploy and manage Red Hat systems to enterprise standards of reliability, availability, scalability, and manageability in this 4-day intensive hands-on lab course updated for the current version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Central to the course is hands-on training in the use of the Red Hat Network (RHN) Satellite Server for deployment, provisioning, and monitoring of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
Learn how to implement and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux deployments efficiently and effectively in ways that make the entire enterprise deployment manageable by a team. Install and deploy a RHN Satellite Server and use this server to keep a range of systems up to date, to provision new systems, and to monitor existing systems. With the satellite server, create custom software channels and custom configuration channels. Use the Red Hat Package Manager (RPM) to create your own RPMs, and manage the RPMs using CVS and the RHN Satellite Server. Finally, create a netdump server that collects kernel core dumps from many systems, saving them to a single system.
You'll also get a technology preview of Xen virtualization, a method for virtualizing a computer, allowing multiple host operating systems to run on a single hardware platform. The Xen technology preview will be taught using Fedora Core 5
RH401 is aimed at senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators and other IT professionals working in enterprise environments and mission-critical systems.
- What You'll Learn
- Large-scale deployment and management of mission-critical Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems using the RHN and the RHN Satellite Server
- Provision systems using the RHN Satellite Server, custom software channels, custom configuration channels, and kickstart
- Use the RHN Satellite Server to configure monitoring probes
- Construct and deploy custom RPMs
- Use of DHCP and PXE boot for deployment
- Manage configuration files using CVS
- Use the network crash dump system to preserve kernel crash dumps
- Essential System Management
- Installing a Red Hat Network (RHN) Satellite Server
- Building RPMs
- Use of CVS to Manage Configuration Files
- Managing the RHN Satellite Server
- RHN Management and Provisioning
- Red Hat Network Proxy Server
- Monitoring Systems with RHN
- Network Kernel Crash Dumps and netdump
- DHCP and PXE boot
- Xen Technology Preview
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses