- Locations: Knowledge Village
- Duration: 3 Days
Recruitment, Selection and Resourcing Talent is a highly effective course providing an overview of the recruitment, selection and resourcing process, including preparation for, and practical experience of, conducting interviews. This practical course provides you with the essential tools for different recruitment and selection methods, explains the legal context of recruitment and selection, and how to select appropriate recruitment channels. The group discussions and role-play will enable you to understand how best to construct job descriptions and person specifications, and ascertain suitably effective induction processes
This course can also be run in-house for a group of people in your organisation. Run as it features here, or tailored to suit your organisational needs.
Mrs Philippa Webster
Philippa has a wealth of HR experience and her skills and knowledge cover a wide-range of HR areas including dealing with grievance and disciplinary issues for clients, whilst running training programmes, not only for the CIPD, but bespoke offerings to private clients. She also works as a ‘hands-on’ HR professional working with organisations, large and small in areas such as measuring the ROI on the HR function - such as training - as well as reviewing and writing policies and procedures. She works all over the UK and in Europe and has worked for private organisation, public organisations and European bodies. She is a published author.
Miss Alyson Weeks
Alyson is a Chartered MCIPD and has worked as an HR practitioner for the last 20 years with a broad range of businesses from SM to Blue Chip; leading and delivering HR and development programmes to meet business objectives, both as a consultant and manager. She regularly worked with managers and staff at all levels in a wide range of organisations, either in groups or giving 1-1 tailored advice and coaching to directors, managers and staff in the development of high performing teams, personal development and skills gaps, career guidance coaching for role transition and outplacement support. She has led on the design, delivery and implementation of business skills and coaching programmes, change projects, succession planning, talent management, the entire recruitment life cycle and learning & development programmes. Alyson has a facilitative style and her programmes are known to be interactive and fun.
Who is it for
Recruitment, Selection and Resourcing Talent is suitable for HR support roles, or if you're looking to become involved in recruitment, selection and resourcing talent.
By the end of Recruitment, Selection and Resourcing Talent you'll be able to:
- Explain the factors that affect an organisation’s talent planning, recruitment and selection policy
- identify appropriate recruitment and selection methods
- contribute to the recruitment and selection interviewing process for a job role
- demonstrate an understanding of the importance of effective induction.
- Talent planning, recruitment and selection policies: attracting talent; the benefits of attracting and retaining a diverse workforce
- The recruitment and selection process: key elements
- Equal opportunities: dealing with subjectivity, diversity and good practice; major legal issues in recruitment and selection
- Compiling a job description, person specification and writing competencies
- Interviewing skills: preparing questions and questioning techniques; structuring the interview
- Practicing your interviewing and selection skills: role playing a selection interview
- Making a decision: arriving at soundly-based selection decisions; evaluating candidates at shortlist stage and after interview; feedback to unsuccessful candidates
- The importance of effective induction: the basics of an induction process.
The CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development, is the voice of a worldwide community of 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in HR and L&D for more than 100 years and we already have more than 2,000 members operating in the Middle East.
CIPD have designed and delivered training programmes in over 50 countries worldwide and provide development programmes for over 15,000 learners a year.See all CIPD courses