- Duration: 1 Day
Students will learn how to perform full and dial-tone recoveries of a mailbox server, as well as repair a mailbox database. They will also learn how to perform a full recovery of Client Access servers, Hub Transport servers, and Unified Messaging Servers.
Who Should Attend
The audience for this course includes people who have experience with Exchange Server 2007 or previous Exchange Server versions. These people will have experience installing and configuring Exchange Server, configuring recipients and mailboxes, and supporting Exchange Server clients. People beginning this course are expected to have at least three years experience working in the Information Technology field—typically in the areas of network administration or Windows Server administration—and one year of Exchange Server administration experience.
Lesson 1: Recovering Messaging Databases
- Overview of Database Recovery Scenarios
- Recovering a Messaging Database Using Dial-Tone Recovery
- Lab: Recovering Messaging Databases in Exchange Server 2007
Lesson 2: Preparing for and Recovering from Mailbox Server Failures
- Preparing for a Mailbox Server Recovery
- Recovering Mailbox Servers
- Lab: Preparing for and Recovering from Mailbox Server Failures
Lesson 3: Preparing for and Recovering from Non-Mailbox Server Failures
- Preparing for a Non-Mailbox Server Recovery
- Recovering Non-Mailbox Servers
- Lab: Preparing for and Recovering from Non-Mailbox Server Failures