- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Smart Village, ITIDA Building - B121, Cairo/Alex. Desert Road, K28, Giza, Egypt, 12577
An RTOS is a very key component in embedded system development. Although, RTOSes may be composed of components similar to those of general purpose operating systems (GPOSes), they differ in their implementation to meet embedded and real-time requirements. µC/OS-II is the one of the booming RTOSes in the embedded development area. Its strength comes from fulfilling requirements of many real-time and safety critical applications in a very simple and efficient way.
This course explains RTOS essentials as Multi-tasking, scheduling, synchronization, and messaging. It discusses some of the standard design patterns for real-time systems. The course provides practical hands-on experience in using µC/OS-II as an RTOS example to target problems starting from stating the problem ending with the complete implementation of the control SW. Moreover, this course introduces porting concepts which is one of the main advantages of RTOSs.
Topics to be covered
- Introduction to real time operating system (RTOS)
- Tasks and scheduling
- Synchronization and messaging
- Standard Patterns for Real-Time SW Design
- Introduction to µC/OS-II
- Kernel Structure
- Task/ Time/ Semaphore/ Mutex/ Mailbox/ Message Queue/ Event Flag/ Memory/ Timer Management
- µC/OS-II based control software design and implementation
- Introduction to RTOS porting
- Porting µC/OS-II
The Software Engineering Competence Center (SECC) is an Egyptian leading ICT organization aiming at bridging the gap between the technologies needed to overcome the economical-social-environmental challenges and the current existing technologies.
In , the Software Engineering Competence Center (SECC) was inaugurated as part of the efforts sponsored by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) to support Information Technology Industry in Egypt.See all Software Engineering Competence Centre courses