- Duration: 32 Hours
In this course students learn concepts and functions that are critical to the System Administrator role in implementing and managing the Oracle E-Business Suite. Topics covered include configuring security and user management, configuring flexfields, managing concurrent processing, and setting up other essential features such as profile options and printing. In addition, configuration and maintenance of an Oracle E-Business Suite through Oracle Applications Manager is discussed. Students also learn the fundamentals of Oracle Workflow including its setup. The System Administrator Fundamentals course provides the foundation needed to effectively control security and ensure smooth operations for an E-Business Suite installation. Demonstrations and exercises reinforce the fundamental concepts of configuring an Oracle E-Business Suite, as well as handling day-to-day system administrator tasks.
- Set up and administer security-related features
- Set up and manage concurrent processing
- Set up flexfields
- Identify the fundamentals of Oracle Workflow
- Manage system using Oracle Applications Manager
- Set up and manage profile options, printers, folders, and other features
- Introduction to Oracle Applications Security
- Understanding Function Security
- Introduction to Data Security
- Implementing Oracle User Management
- Using the Profile Options
- Auditing System Resources
- Managing Printers
- Introduction to Oracle Applications Manager
- System Monitoring in Oracle Applications Manager
- Diagnostics and Troubleshooting with Oracle Applications Manager
- Managing Concurrent Programs and Reports
- Administering Concurrent Managers
- Systems and Agents
- Oracle Workflow Components
- Setting up Oracle Workflow
- Overview of Flexfields
- Using Value Sets
- Defining Descriptive Flexfields
- Key Flexfields
- Using Advanced Validation Capabilities
- Administering Folders
- Incorporating a Custom Program
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses