Quantity surveying is a dynamic profession and a career that combines commercial and management skills with knowledge of the construction industry. As cost consultants and project procurement specialists, the quantity surveyor’s working life involves:
- all aspects of construction cost and contract management
- advising on the financial implications from the initial concept onwards
- advising on procurement options
- from project design, to commissioning the completed project
- settling finances and contractual disputes.
Quantity surveyors understand the economics of construction market trends and the influences of the sector on a local and global scale. Wherever construction work is taking place there will be a need for financial control and quantity surveyors fulfil this need.
CERTIFICATION ISSUED BY:
Royal Institute for Chartered Engineers (RICE - USA) Royal Institute for Chartered Engineers or widely known as RICE is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions in the world. Located in Texas, USA it was established by professional engineers came who believed that being an engineer doesn’t stop after you graduated and labeled as one of the top people who earn a good income but believed that engineers need to continue seeking for higher qualifications for a much better life, network and opportunities.
- High Authority Council for Arab Engineers (HACAE)
SOME CAREER POSSIBILITIES
With a qualification in quantity surveying career possibilities include contracting or private quantity surveying, building surveying, construction management or consultancy, accountancy and financial services management or estate management. International opportunities may also be possible within the field.
You are qualified to take this ACAC Certification if you have any of the below requirements:
- Must have at least one year experience in related field
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
MODULE A: QUANTITY SURVEYING
- INTERIAM PAYMENT APPLICATIONS
- SUPPLIER’S CERTIFICATE OF PAYMENT
- TAKE-OFF QUANTITIES FROM DRAWINGS
- FINAL ACCOUNT
MODULE B: PROJECT FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT PAYMENT RECORD
- CASH FLOW INFLOW & OUTFLOW
- BILL OF QUANTITIES
- PROJECT COST CONTROL SYSTEM
- COST TO COMPLETE
MODULE C: CONTRACTS & COMMERCIAL
- DIFFERENT TYPES OF CONTRACTS
- CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- DIFFERENT TYPES OF SUB-CONTRACT AGREEMENTS
- FIDIC CLAUSES
- TYPES OF INSURANCES, BONDS & GUARANTEES
- PROJECT DOCUMENTATION
About Arab Institute for Accountants & Legal
Located in the heart of Dubai United Arab Emirates, Deira. Arab Institute for Accountants & Legal or more popular with the name "AIAL" is recognized as one of Middle East leading teaching institutions.
AIAL President founded the Institute "to provide a trustworthy professional training."
AIAL had been founded at the hands of its promoter whose experience exceeds three decades 30 years, it remains dedicated to finding solutions to the great challenges of the day and to preparing its participants for a better career in today's world.See all Arab Institute for Accountants & Legal courses