- Duration: 60 Hour
- Timings Flexible
- Call: +971 4 2753240
This program is intended to provide you with the clear understanding of quantity surveying methods and practices.
The objective of the course is to explain the fundamental principles of estimating, costing, tendering, and also to give you a clear understanding of construction contracts and the principles and procedures involved in the financial administration of contracts.
- The basic principles of estimating and costing
- Construction contracts
- Tendering and Procurement
- Preparation of BOQ and tender documentations
- Prime cost and provisional sum
- Interim payment applications and certifications
- Variations and additional works
- Extension of time for Completion
- Final Accounts
- Introduction to dispute resolution
- The participants will gain a clear and general understanding of the process and operation of a construction contract, various procurement options available and the selection of appropriate form of contract in a given situation.
- The delegates will be able to understand the basics of estimating and costing, the preparation of BOQ and tender documentations and the tendering procedure followed by the contractors.
- They will also be able to understand the practices and procedures involved in the prime cost and provisional sum, preparation / review of payment applications, variations, extension of time claims and the Final Accounts.
- They will also gain a broad understanding of the dispute resolution techniques that are generally encountered in the construction industry.
Quantity Surveyors, Contracts managers, project managers, coordinators & others related to quantity surveying and contracting.
This program is appropriate for people with experience in the construction industry but with limited qualifications, or those wishing to take the first step in changing to a career in quantity surveying. Although the subjects would be taught mainly for those employed in or expecting to be employed in the contractor's organizations, much of it is applicable to the duties of quantity surveyors who are working with the consultants and the clients.
About Chicago Management Training Institute
Since its founding, Chicago Management Training Institute has specialized in providing professionals the knowledge & tools to drive their business. Chicago Management Training Institute is a leader in developing and delivering corporate and professional educational solutions. Our vision is to provide quality executive education designed and delivered to empower the professionals at work.See all Chicago Management Training Institute courses
Quantity Surveying Related Questions
Could you please guide me, as what are the requirements for taking Quantity Surveying course? I w...
Unanswered //Oct 8, 2016 Project Management, Quantity Surveying