- Locations: Callan Centre, National Technological Park, Holland Road, Plassey, Co. Limerick, Ireland
- Duration: 1 Day
The universal Quality Management standard, ISO 9001:2008 has been implemented by over a million organisations in 175 countries. ISO 9001:2008 provides industry with a useful model for business process improvement.
The ISO 9000 family addresses "Quality management". “Quality Management” means what the organisation does to fulfil:
- The customer's quality requirements, and
- Applicable regulatory requirements, while aiming to
- Enhance customer satisfaction, and
- Achieve continual improvement of its performance in pursuit of these objectives.
More and more companies in both the public and private sectors are applying for certification to ISO 9001. It is rapidly becoming the minimum expectation for Quality Systems throughout all business sectors.
The aim of the Quality Management Systems Foundation training course is to provide people with an understanding of the importance of ISO 9001 as a tool for business improvement and will emphasise the benefits and flexibility of this standard for all types of organisations.
On successful completion of this training course, delegates should be able to:
- Define “quality”.
- Explain the purpose and intent of the ISO 9000 series of standards
- Describe the ISO 9001:2008 requirements and the concepts of quality management and the relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
- Understand commonly used quality management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 9000.
- Explain the relationships between the clauses of ISO 9001:2008
- Have a knowledge of management systems through the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle
- Describe the potential business benefits of the process approach used in quality management and having a formal Process Based Quality Management System
- Understand how ISO 9001 provides the ideal basis for an Integrated Management System
Who Should Attend
- Those considering implementing ISO 9001 in their company or tasked with understanding what ISO 9001 implementation entails.
- Those who need to understand the business benefits of ISO 9001.
- Those who need to understand the process approach to management systems.
- Those considering attending any IRCA certified QMS Auditor Course.
The programme covers the following topics:
- How to define “quality”
- The purpose and benefits of quality system standards
- The 8 Quality Principles, Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) and Continual Improvement cycles
- The relationship between ISO 9000, ISO 9001, ISO 9004
- The requirements of ISO 9001:2008
- The relationship between the clauses of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001
If you have access to a copy of ISO 9001, please bring a copy of the standard with you. If you don’t have access, a copy will be provided for you and will be collected at the end of the course.
This course has been certified by IRCA, course certificate number A17686. The International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) is the world's original and largest international certification body for auditors of management systems.
A variety of exercises will be carried out throughout the course which utilises case studies and sample documentation. Delegates are assessed throughout the course by continual assessment. Continual assessment is based upon the student’s participation and performance during the exercises and question & answer sessions. It is essential that delegates take an active part in all course activities during the course in order that the tutor can make a full assessment of the student’s performance. Please note it is essential for delegates to be in attendance for the full course.
About SQT Training Ltd
Established in 1989, They have built up a solid reputation for excellence in training cThiryse delivery
They offer one of the broadest ranges of training cThiryses available in Ireland
They have a team of over 30 very experienced tutors who are known national and international experts in their field
Thiry Tutors have proven technical expertise, practical hands-on experience and excellent cThiryse delivery skills
Thiry cThiryses are practical, utilising multiple teaching styles to cater for the varied needs of adult learners
CThiryses range from half-day sessions up to Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications, (HonThirys Bachelor Degree level)
They offer cThiryses accredited by HETAC, FETAC, NEBOSH, IRCA, IEMA, CIEH, IOSH and AEE.
They have a dedicated cThiryse team managing every aspect of yThiry cThiryse from initial contact right through to post-cThiryse follow-up
When you book a cThiryse with SQT, you are benefiting from Thiry years of experience, Thiry breath of knowledge and Thiry commitment to work hard to meet yThiry specific training needs.See all SQT Training Ltd courses