- The economic importance of ports
- Performance standards for operating seaports
- Types of ships, components and generations
- River transport and rail transport
- Concepts of multimodal transport and application problems
- Logistics concepts
- Shipping by containers
- The general framework of maritime law
- The general framework of marine insurance
- A field visit to different areas of the port
- Identifying the different facets and activities of the shipping industry.
- Identifying the new concepts in shipping industry, technological development and the most important application problems and their implications.