- Fees / Price EGP 45,455
- Locations Petro Tech
In the world today it is not unusual for more than 50% of an organization's revenue to be spent on goods and services — everything from raw materials to overnight mail. So, when the goal is to increase earnings by lowering costs, World-class organizations look closely at their purchasing strategies. Success in purchasing is dependent not only on an awareness of the potential opportunities, but more importantly, and the focus of this seminar, is the knowledgeable implementation of the methods, processes, and techniques that should be utilized in order to become a leader in obtaining real supply management savings.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will know:
- How to be on the road to world class in cost reductions
- Processes for data mining and developing strategic plans
- Methods of cost improvement
- Process for developing purchase price index
- Procedure for reporting cost improvements
- Cost Reduction vs. Cost Avoidance
- How to evaluate supplier prices
- Reducing low value activities
- Best practices in qualifying suppliers
- The importance of planning in successful negotiations
- Approaches in negotiations
- Standards of ethics
- The importance of rating and valuing the issues in a negotiation
- Negotiating important issues in various contract clauses
- Important elements of final preparation
- Contracts, Purchasing, and Procurement personnel
- Engineering, Operational, Project, and Maintenance personnel
- And all others who are involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation and management of purchasing, tenders, and contracts that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services, and who are in organizations whose leadership want high levels of competency in those involved in these activities.
This seminar will combine a variety of instructional methods including lecture by an experienced practitioner and consultant, exercises and role playing, and group discussions covering current practices and their relationship to the implementation of new concepts.
Attendees will gain by participation in this program as a result of:
- Increased skill sets in finding savings opportunities.
- Greater ability to lead continuous improvement programs.
- A greater sense of confidence and professionalism.
- Greater ability to obtain desired outcomes in negotiations.
- Increased recognition by the organization due to improved performance.
The organization will benefit by:
- Higher productivity of personnel involved in procurement activities.
- Reduced total cost of ownership for purchased materials, equipment, and services.
- Improved productivity of the entire organization by better on time delivery of high quality goods and services.
- Having the advantage in negotiations as a result of their employees being better prepared and trained than the employees of the other side.
- Improved supplier performance and relations.
- Greater strategic focus of those involved in supply management.
The Core Competencies
Attendees will gain in the following competencies as a result of the program:
- Developing spend profiles
- How to prioritize their time for maximum benefit
- Finding costing reduction opportunities
- Evaluating prices
- Understanding supplier pricing structures
- Developing purchasing strategic plans
- Planning for negotiations
- Defining issues
- Understanding Total Cost of Ownership
- Conducting negotiations
The Conference Content
Continuous Improvement in Cost and Productivity
- The Need For Change
- How Do Other Functions View Purchasing
- A Purchasing Savings Model
- Total Cost Of Ownership Models
- Continuous Improvement Skill Sets
- Cost Reduction Initiatives
- Cost Savings Reporting Procedure
- Data Mining
- Establishing A Strategic Focus With The ABC Analysis
- Modern Methods Of Analyzing The Spend
Defining Cost Reduction Opportunities
- User Group Brainstorming Sessions
- Developing Company Purchase Price Index And Comparing To External Indexes
- Understanding Of Supply Marketplace And How Suppliers Price
- Process Mapping To Eliminate Low Value Activities
- Developing Purchasing Material/Services Strategic Plans
- Resisting Price Increases
- You Will Never Be Better Than Your Suppliers
- Supplier Performance Measurement
- Cost Saving Methods
Methods of Price Evaluation
- Price Justification
- Model For Selecting Analysis Methods
- Methods Of Price Analysis
- Historical Prices
- How Much Profit Is Fair
- Methods Of Cost Analysis
- Breaking Down The Elements Of Cost
- Developing "Should Cost"
- Our Responsibilities As Agents
- Negotiation Skill Sets
- Steps In Negotiation Preparation
- Methods Of Persuasion
- What Does Win/Win Really Mean?
- Determining The Issues
- Defining Issues For Specific Contract Provisions
- Payment Terms
- Progress Payments
- Spare Parts
- Rating & Valuing Issues
- Standards Of Ethics In Purchasing And Contracting Conduct
Determining Strengths and Weaknesses
- Evaluating Your Position
- Know Your BATNA
- Analyzing The Other Side
- Negotiation Objectives Diagram
- Negotiations Planning Forms
- Prepare The Negotiation Team
- Tips For The Actual Negotiation
- Participants will negotiate model cases and discuss the results to provide an opportunity for hands on experience
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.