- Locations: Nasr City
- Duration: 5 Days
Maximum efficiency, reliability, and longevity of Pumps and compressors and associated equipment are of great concern to many industries. These objectives can only be achieved by understanding the characteristics such as selection criteria, sizing calculations, sealing arrangements, common problems, repair techniques, as well as their preventive and predictive maintenance. This training session is a MUST for those who use this equipment. It covers how compressors and pumps operate and provides the guidelines and rules that must be followed for their successful application. Their basic design, specification and selection criteria, sizing calculations as well as condition monitoring, trouble-shooting and maintenance issues, all of which are discussed in detail.
The knowledge gained in this programme will:
- Enable the delegate to optimise the operation and maintenance of different types of pumps and compressors
- Give the delegate confidence to troubleshoot problems related to pumps and compressors, thereby avoiding repetitive failures
- Allow tighter control of maintenance budgets by the avoidance of unplanned equipment failures in service
Is it right for me?
- Process engineers, design engineers, consulting engineers, plant engineers, project managers, piping engineers, maintenance managers, water treatment plant managers, facility managers and technicians and technologists
- It will be of great interest to chemical process industries, oil and gas industries, manufacturing plants, power generation plants, and others industries and organizations that must use compressors and pumps
- The seminar is also of great benefit anyone who wishes to update themselves on pump and compressor technology, judge the suitability of different types of pumps and compressors for their needs, and learn how to operate and maintain them for the benefit of their organisations
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Have an understanding of relevant fluid laws and the different types of pumps and their associated terminology
- Have an understanding of Centrifugal and positive displacement pumps and compressors, and their related components
- Know how to calculate and use pump performance curves and pumping system requirements
- Have an understanding of different parameters affecting the operation of pumps and compressors
- Be able to operate pumps and compressors as close as possible to the design efficiency
- Have the ability to select the right pump and compressor for the particular application and to perform the necessary calculations
- Have the ability to perform troubleshooting of systems involving pumps and compressors
- Have learnt about selection, operation and maintenance strategies
What will it cover?
- DAY 1 - PUMPING SYSTEMS
- DAY 2 - PUMP PERFORMANCE
- DAY 3 - PUMP CONSTRUCTION, TYPES, OPERATION AND CHARACTERISTICS
- DAY 4 - COMPRESSOR CONSTRUCTION, TYPES, CHARACTERISTICS AND PERFORMANCE
- DAY 5 - PUMPS AND COMPRESSOR TROUBLESHOOTING & MAINTENANCE
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses