Course detailsFrom the course, you will first learn about psychotherapy and the differences between this and similar practices. You will explore the common elements of psychotherapy and the various ways it can help clients in either one-to-one, couples or group therapy settings and how the clients themselves can get the most from their sessions. You will also learn what the most common forms of psychotherapy are and the differences between their approaches.
The course focusses on psychoanalysis - a method of psychotherapy that places significant emphasis on the contents of the unconscious mind. You will discover what psychoanalysis is and how the practice is used to help clients solve their psychological and emotional problems.
As the founding father of psychoanalysis, it is important to understand the work of Sigmund Freud. From the Psychoanalysis Diploma Course, you learn about his life, beliefs, popular and lesser-known theories, and the legacy he has left in the fields of psychology and psychiatry.
The course explains Freud's theory of Psychosexual Development and the five stages of life that everyone goes through, from birth to becoming a young adult, and how others are opposed to this idea. You will also learn about Attachment Theory and how this affects child and adult relationships.
Although psychoanalysis may have begun with Sigmund Freud, it certainly didn't end with him. This course looks at the people who came after him and the ways in which they have added to his theories on personality and development with their own concepts.
As with most types of therapy and counselling, psychoanalysis has its fair share of naysayers. The course takes a candid view of modern criticisms and to what extent these points may be considered valid, as well as offering counter arguments. You will also learn about the importance of self-reflection within the role of a Psychoanalyst.
Additionally, the course looks at evidence to explain whether psychoanalysis works, the tests used in research studies, and the use of quantitative, qualitative, and mixed method research to describe the success of the therapy.
While psychoanalysis is used to treat a variety of conditions, the course explains its use in treating the two most common mental health problems - anxiety and depression. The course looks at the common psychoanalytic explanations for these conditions and how they can be treated using psychoanalysis.
In addition to learning about the practice itself, you will also learn about psychoanalysis as a career option. You will learn what personal qualities You will need to succeed and the challenges that can arise during psychoanalytic training. The course also outlines a typical training route that you could take and the career paths open to qualified psychoanalysts.
- Module 1: What Is Psychotherapy?
- Module 2: What Is Psychoanalysis?
- Module 3: Sigmund Freud
- Module 4: Psychoanalysis and Childhood Development
- Module 5: Psychoanalysis After Freud
- Module 6: How Is Psychoanalysis Perceived Today?
- Module 7: What Is the Evidence That Psychoanalysis Works?
- Module 8: Psychoanalysis In The Treatment Of Anxiety And Depression
- Module 9: Training To Be A Psychoanalyst
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs