The course describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to determine and manage project outcomes. It covers project authorization, developing a scope management plan, and managing the application of project scope controls.
By the completion of this course, learner should be able to:
- Understand the principles of Scope Management
- Identify the Tools and Techniques related to Scope Management
- Conduct project scope definition activities.
Manage application of scope controls.
Expected Qualification/Unit Level
To be equivalent to Level 8
Assessment criteria for each learning outcome
Learners will be assessed throughout the courses based on their competency shown in their work on their assignments.
Who should attend or potential job occupations
This courses is designed to suite each of the following roles:
- General Managers
- Project Manager
- Project Coordinators
- Business Managers
- Project Expeditors
- Supervisors, Site Engineers
- Business Consultants
- Contracting officers
- Sales representatives
Topic / Content outlines
The outline of the course will cover the following criteria as to which candidates will be acquired to:
- Implement agreed scope management procedures and processes.
- Manage the impact of scope changes within established time, cost and quality constraints according to change control procedures and to meet project objectives.
- Review progress and record results to assess the effectiveness of scope management procedures.
- Identify and document scope management issues and recommended improvements, and pass on to higher authority for application to future projects.
- Identify project objectives, deliverables, constraints, exclusions, assumptions and principal work activities.
- Establish measurable project benefits and outcomes to enable evaluation of project performance.
- Establish agreement to a shared understanding of desired project outcomes with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and implement scope management plan.
About Alwasat Training & Development Institute
Al-Wasat Training & Development Institute ( WTDI ) is headquartered in the Kingdom of Bahrain, and serves the Gulf market.
WTDI offers training for advancing careers of learners through gaining and improving skills and knowledge.
WTDI provides accredited, highly relevant programmemes in journalism, media, public relations and management.
WTDI provides individuals and corporations with state-of-the-art training in a variety of market-oriented courses and workshops covering core areas of interests, as well as soft skills and specialized topics such as leadership, quality, environment, e-learning, marketing, graphics and web development.See all Alwasat Training & Development Institute courses