In this course, students learn the key knowledge technical areas especially: risk management, scope management, earned value. In addition, they learn key project soft skills: leadership, negotiation, communication and conflict resolution.
Focusing on the generally accepted practices of project management recognized by the Project Management Institute, Inc. IPM/®J, this course offers you a standards-based approach to successful project management across application areas and industries.
- Initiate a project.
- Define project scope.
- Develop schedule and cost performance baselines for a project.
- Plan project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Analyze project risks.
- Define project procurement requirements.
- Execute the project.
- Control the project.
- Close the project.
Lesson 1: Introduction and PMP Exam overview
- Learn about the PMI application process.
- overview the PMP Exam details.
- Learn exam-taking tools and techniques.
- How to enroll in the PMP Exam.
- Identify exam preparation key methodologies
Lesson 2: The Project Management Framework
- Define what a project is and what project management is.
- Understand the 9 project management knowledge areas.
- Define a project life cycle.
- Identify and define project stakeholders.
- Specify influences of organizational structures on project management.
- Highlight the skills required for a project manager.
- Define the Project Manager's responsibilities.
- Identify social-economic environmental influences to projects.
- Define the 5 process groups of project management.
Lesson 3: Project Integration Management
- Highlight methods for project selection.
- Define the elements and importance of the project charter.
- Understanding the creation and use of preliminary scope statement.
- Identify project constraints.
- Define the project manager's rote as integrator.
- Control ~gold plating" through work authorization.
- Understand the value of documenting lessons learned for Organizational Process Assets.
- Create a project plan.
- Define the Execution of the project plan.
- Know the use of baselines to monitor the progress of the project.
- Define integrated change control.
- Administrative closure.
Lesson 4: Project Scope Management
- Development of a scope management plan.
- Development of a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Implementing scope verification.
Lesson 5: Project Time Management
- Methods for developing a schedule.
- Resource Planning.
- Activity List creation and estimation.
- Developing network diagrams (CPM, PDM and ADM charts).
- Using dependencies.
- Calculating the critical path(s) for the project.
- Calculating slack.
- Crashing and fast tracking a project
- Resource leveling.
- Developing a schedule management plan.
- Use of CPM, and Monte Carlo to estimate the duration of the project.
- Schedule Control.
Lesson 6: Project Cost Management
- Cost estimating through analogous estimating, bottom up estimating, parametric estimating and computerized estimating tools.
- Earned value analysis.
- Precision of estimates.
- Understanding Present Value, Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, Payback Period, Benefit
- Cost Ratio and Opportunity Cost.
- Variable Cost, Fixed Costs, Direct Cost and Indirect Cost.
- Project Life Cycle Costing.
- Cost budgeting.
- Value Analysis.
- Cost control.
Lesson 7: Project Quality Management
- Responsibility for quality.
- Impacts of poor quality.
- Tools used for Quality Management Planning.
- Developing a Quality Management Plan.
- Implementing Quality Assurance.
- Quality Control through Fishbone Diagram, Pareto Diagram, and Control Charts.
Lesson 8: Project Human Resources Management
- Roles and responsibilities for project manager, team members, project sponsor and management.
- Organizational planning.
- Staff acquisition.
- Developing a responsibility chart.
- Team building.
- Leadership skills.
- Human resource constraints.
- Conflict management and resolution.
Lesson 9: Project Communication Management
- Developing a communications plan.
- Communication methods.
- Communication blockers.
- Performance reporting.
Lesson 10: Project Risk Management
- Developing a risk management plan.
- Techniques for identifying risks.
- Risk register.
- Categorizing risks.
- Qualitative risk analysis.
- Quantitative risk analysis.
- Using a decision tree.
- Understanding what-if analysis.
- Developing a risk response plan.
- Risk response strategies.
- Risk monitoring and control. Exam Practice Questions and Solutions Class Discussion
Lesson 11: Project Procurement Management
- Procurement planning.
- Advantages and disadvantages of contract type selection.
- Statement of work.
- Solicitation planning.
- Source selection.
- Contract administration.
- Contract change control.
- Contract close-out
Lesson 12: Project Management Ethical Responsibility and Code of Conduct
- Exam Practice Questions and Solutions Class Discussion
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology