The evolution of business strategies has increased the importance of management having a thorough understanding of the products they produce. More and more employees are getting promoted from within to become project managers as they fully understand what they are trying to produce and how best to meet the quality and quantity requirements set forth by upper management. Project management, as a process, is the supervision and control of the work required to complete the project deliverable. Using established project management processes, coupled with the experience and skills of experienced workers, has allowed employers to adjust their mind-set when developing management and leadership skills from within. This course will enable someone who is not a professional project manager to learn the fundamentals of project management so he will be able to manage projects related to his area of responsibility within the organization.
This course is targeted toward a perse range of managers and staff members who wish to acquire the necessary skills to successfully manage small to medium sized projects.
- identify the importance of effective project management to an organization
- identify project management objectives and activities
Project Roles and Interested Parties
- match project roles and interested parties to their responsibilities
The Project Management Process
- identify examples of the activities that take place during each phase of the project management process
Defining a Project's Statement of Work
- identify the types of questions to ask to define a SOW for a given project
- identify examples of activities associated with clarifying the purpose of the project in a given scenario
- identify examples of activities associated with describing desired project outcomes in a given scenario
- identify examples of activities associated with identifying project restrictions and uncertainties in a given scenario
- match project manager roles with examples
The Value of the Project Manager
- identify the value of the project manager in an organization
The Right Amount of Project Management
- determine the right amount of project management in given scenarios
- match "bad manager" types to examples of their behaviors
- identify examples of micromanagement
Managing Small to Medium Projects
- identify the management challenges posed by small to medium projects in given scenarios
About Generations Consulting & Training
Generations Is a fast growing company that provides pivotal business solutions, which empoTheyr our clients with the necessary tools to self-sustain themselves, and to cope with the rapid development of the Egyptian market.
They have a comprehensive understanding of the needs and challenges of the various Egyptian market segments and our business consultancy approach is custom-tailored to those needs and challenges.
They have a team of highly qualified consultants and experienced technical and consulting professionals who understand the critical issues facing business today & who offer proven methods & comprehensive services that streamline process & reduce complexity of operations. More importantly our solutions are custom tailored to business, saving companies money and taking them to a new level of competitive advantage.See all Generations Consulting & Training courses