Course detailsThe course introduces the subject by jumping straight into explaining the role of a project manager, the range of methodologies they use, and an outline of the processes and knowledge necessary to be successful. You will learn about approaches to project management, including the traditional approach, the PRINCE2 Process Model, and Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM), amongst others. You will be shown how to breakdown the lifecycle of a project into phases to give your efforts structure and simplify them into a series of logical and manageable steps.
You will learn about the concepts and tools, both manual and software-based, that effective project managers use to accomplish tasks and execute responsibilities, including how to use Program Evaluation Review Technique (PERT) and Gantt Charts. You will explore the various ways in which a project's team is put together and organised depending on the requirements of the company and the project, the various typical roles within a team, and how to create a hierarchy of team members.
Having been shown briefly how to create a project life cycle in the introduction to the course, you are later shown this process in much greater depth. You will discover how every project is separated into five smaller processes or phases that are tailored to the needs of the project and which make up a project lifecycle. Each of these five processes is covered in incredible depth to give a comprehensive understanding of their purpose within the lifecycle. The phases discussed are Initiation and Planning, Processes: Execution, Monitoring and Controlling, Change Management, and Closure.
To ensure that the aim of a project is achieved as efficiently as is practicably possible requires proper coordination of processes and activities, this is known as Project Integration Management and is examined and described fully in this course. You will learn about what the role entails and the steps to take and processes to follow to be effective in the position and how to develop and incorporate and action and monitor a project management plan using proven methodologies.
Time, cost, and quality are a trio of variables that must be planned in from the beginning and tracked all the way through to the closure of a project, helping you to adjust resources as necessary throughout. The Project Management Course guides you through the tools and techniques used to ensure you stay on top of these important areas.
Critical to the success of any project and the most important resource at your disposal, is the people working on it - the project team. Projects get done by people, not by tools, techniques or technology and You will learn the considerations you need to make to ensure you get the best people onboard. One of the biggest downfalls of projects is not considering and preparing for any risks that will inevitably arise. You will learn to understand what is meant by risk and how to plan for and avoid the worst.
- Module 1- Introduction to Project Management
- Module 2 - Project Management Tools, Roles and Concepts
- Module 3 - Processes: Initiation and Planning
- Module 4 - Processes: Execution, Monitoring and Controlling, Change Management and Closure
- Module 5 - Project Integration Management
- Module 6 - Management: Time, Cost and Quality
- Module 7 - Management: People and Risk Management
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs