- Location: England - United Kingdom
- Duration: 10 Days
- Timings: Weekdays, 8:30AM - 4:30PM
The petroleum industry is one of the most important, highly capital intensive and risky business. Global exploration and production spending in 2013 was $644 billion, up 7% from $604 billion the year before. In 2014, the exploration budgets reached $654 billion but this fell to $521 billion in 2015 and in the following year, 2016, there was a further decline of 27%. This year's global exploration and production spending is expected to increase 7%.
The upstream sector's profit margins are under real pressure from many factors such as higher costs of developing new reserves, less oil and gas found per foot of exploration drilling, rising inflation, global oversupply and price volatility. Competition for investments, for acreage/concessions, aging of existing reservoirs, the unconventional oil and gas revolution all contribute business risk and uncertainty.
Petroleum industry projects are by their very nature risky, the challenge however is in assessing, managing, and mitigating this risk proactively. The three biggest planning challenges are predicting costs, assessing profitability, and risk management. All these tasks occur in the early stages of capital planning and failure to adequately evaluate these elements can lead to heavy losses.
This training course will highlight:
- Identification of the stages required in the risk analysis process, i.e., preparing, modeling, and running risk analysis
- Development of the risk model, assessing probabilities to various variables, risk analysis, and explore the impact of uncertain variables
- Enable the participants to create reports such as, tornados diagrams, scatter plots and cumulative probability functions, using excel
- Application of decision trees and Monte Carlo-based simulations to generate profitability indicators.
- Enable the participants to develop probabilistic cash flow reports along with probabilistic profitability indicators for decision-making
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Program project professionals
- Project leaders
- Project engineers
- Cost engineers
- Project advisors
- And other project and business services professionals who are responsible for or involved in evaluating projects and managing cash flow on projects
PetroKnowledge is a global learning services and professional development solutions provider, established to support organizations and their people in the global Oil, Gas, Petrochemicals & Energy industries. PetroKnowledge offers only the most relevant and timely content delivered by the presenters who are leading professionals in their field. Our ISO 29990:2010 certified Training Courses and Seminars have been designed by industry experts to help equip you and your people in the Oil, Gas and Energy sectors with the skills and knowledge.See all PetroKnowledge courses
- Risk Management - Level 1 Brentwood Open Learning College
GBP 136Duration: Upto 20 Hours
- Risk Management Course Brentwood Open Learning College
GBP 170Duration: 80 Hours
- Risk and Crisis Management London Training For ExcellenceDuration: 3 Days Live virtual classroom