The course describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to link people, ideas and information at all stages in the project life cycle. Project communications management ensures the timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, storage and disposal of project information through formal structures and processes.
By the completion of this course, learner should be able to:
- Understand the principles of Communication management.
- Identify the tools and the techniques related to Communication management.
- Plan communications processes.
- Manage project information.
- Assess communications management outcomes.
Expected Qualification/Unit Level
To be equivalent to Level 8
Assessment criteria for each learning outcome
Learners will be assessed throughout the courses based on their competency shown in their work on their assignments.
Who should attend or potential job occupations
This courses is designed to suite each of the following roles:
- General Managers.
- Project Manager.
- Project Coordinators.
- Business Managers.
- Project Expeditors.
- Supervisors, Site Engineers.
- Business Consultants.
- Contracting officers.
- Human resources professionals.
Topic / Content outlines
The outline of the course will cover the following criteria as to which candidates will be acquired to:
- Identify, document and analyse information requirements, with input from stakeholders and guidance from a higher project authority, as the basis for communications planning
- Develop, within delegated authority, an agreed communications management plan to ensure clarity of understanding and achievement of project objectives throughout the project life cycle
- Establish and maintain designated project management information system (PMIS) to ensure the quality, validity, timeliness and integrity of information and communication.
- Manage the generation, gathering, storage, retrieval, analysis and dissemination of information by project staff and stakeholders within established systems and procedures to aid decision making processes throughout the project life cycle
- Implement, modify, monitor and control designated information validation processes to optimise quality and accuracy of data
- Implement and maintain agreed communication networks between project staff, client and other stakeholders to ensure effective communications at appropriate levels throughout the project life cycle
- Identify communication and information management system problems and report them to a higher project authority
- Conduct finalisation activities to ensure agreed ownership of, and responsibility for, information collected
- Review project outcomes to determine the effectiveness of management information and communications processes and procedures
- Identify and document lessons learned and recommended improvements, and pass on to higher project authority for application in future projects
About Alwasat Training & Development Institute
Al-Wasat Training & Development Institute ( WTDI ) is headquartered in the Kingdom of Bahrain, and serves the Gulf market.
WTDI offers training for advancing careers of learners through gaining and improving skills and knowledge.
WTDI provides accredited, highly relevant programmemes in journalism, media, public relations and management.
WTDI provides individuals and corporations with state-of-the-art training in a variety of market-oriented courses and workshops covering core areas of interests, as well as soft skills and specialized topics such as leadership, quality, environment, e-learning, marketing, graphics and web development.See all Alwasat Training & Development Institute courses