- Locations: Somerset West Bay Doha
- Duration: 5 Days
Corporate and commercial borrowers of banks approach banks to fund long term capital projects like setting up new businesses, expansion, renovation, persification of existing business. Government agencies approach banks for financing infrastructure projects such as building electricity generation, transmission and distribution projects, roads, bridges, etc. These projects require large sums of money. The payback period of such projects is invariably long. This course introduces to appraising and financing long term capital projects undertaken by bank borrowers.
Upon the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- List the various types of risks peculiar to project financing
- Distinguish capital projects from conventional working investment funding
- Compare between assets as security in conventional and project financing
- Analyze the key elements in loan decision making for project financing
- Appraise loan cost, loan income and loan pricing using a real case study
- Differentiate between corporate lending and project lending
- Nature of Capital Projects
- Time Value of Money
- Net present Value (NPV), Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Elements of successful project financing
- Evaluation of a project
- Evaluation of project risks and project risk mitigation
- Project financing structures
- Actual Case study to illustrate risk and reward in project financing
- Public Private Partnerships in Project Financing, the newest trend
- Credit Analysts/Account Officers; Financial Controllers/ Auditors; Corporate Banking Personnel; Private Equity, Investment Analysis and Risk Managers
About Qatar Finance & Business Academy
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses