In this course, students will create and manage a project schedule using Microsoft® Project.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the basic features and components of the Microsoft Project environment.
- create a new project plan file and enter project information.
- manage tasks by organizing tasks and setting task relationships.
- manage resources for a project.
- finalize a project plan.
Students enrolling in this class should have the following: A general introductory-level understanding of project management concepts. Courses that help fulfill this requirement include: Project Management Fundamentals (Second Edition). Basic end-user skills with any current Windows operating system. Courses that help fulfill this requirement include: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional: Level 1 or Microsoft® Windows® Vista™: Level 1 or Microsoft® Windows® 7: Level 1.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Explore the Microsoft Project 2010 Environment
- Display an Existing Project Plan in Different Views
Lesson 2: Creating a Project Plan
- Create a Project Plan
- Assign a Project Calendar
- Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Enter the Task Duration Estimates
- Add Resources to a Project Plan
Lesson 3: Managing Tasks in a Project Plan
- Outline Tasks
- Link Dependent Tasks
- Set Task Constraints and Deadlines
- Add Notes to a Task
- Add a Recurring Task
Lesson 4: Managing Resources in a Project Plan
- Create a Resource Calendar
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Enter Costs for Resources
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 5: Finalizing a Project Plan
- Shorten a Project Using the Critical Path
- Set a Baseline
- Print a Project Summary Report
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses