In this course, students create a project plan containing tasks, organize these tasks in a work breakdown structure containing task relationships, create and assign resources, and finalize the project to implement the project plan.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore the Microsoft Office Project environment and the various views in which you can survey a project file.
- create a new project plan.
- manage tasks by organizing them and setting task relationships.
- manage resources for a project.
- finalize the project plan.
- An understanding of project management concepts.
- Knowledge of a Windows operating system, either Windows XP or Windows Vista.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Explore the Microsoft Project 2007 Environment
- Display an Existing Project Plan in Different Views
Lesson 2: Creating a Project Plan
- Create a New Project Plan
- Assign a Project Calendar
- Add Tasks to the Project Plan
- Enter the Task Duration Estimates
- Add Resources in the Project Plan
Lesson 3: Managing Tasks in a Project Plan
- Outline Tasks
- Add a Recurring Task
- Link Dependant Tasks
- Set a Constraint to a Task
- Set a Task Deadline
- Add Notes to a Task
Lesson 4: Managing Resources in a Project Plan
- Create a Resource Calendar
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Assign Additional Resources to a Task
- Enter Costs for Resources
- Enter Values for Budget Resources
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 5: Finalizing the Project Plan
- Display the Critical Path
- Shorten the Project Duration
- Set a Baseline
- Print a Project Summary Repor
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses