At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
- Module 1: Overview of HTML and CSSThis module provides an overview of HTML and CSS, and describes how to use Visual Studio 2012 to build a Web application.
- Module 2: Creating and Styling HTML5 PagesThis module describes the new features of HTML5, and explains how to create and style HTML5 pages.
- Module 5: Communicating with a Remote Data SourceThis module describes how to send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using an XMLHTTPRequest object and by performing jQuery AJAX operations.
- Module 6: Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3This module describes how to style HTML5 pages and elements by using the new features available in CSS3.
- Module 8: Creating Interactive Pages using HTML5 APIsThis module describes how to use some common HTML5 APIs to add interactive features to a Web application. This module also explains how to debug and profile a Web application.
- Module 9: Adding Offline Support to Web ApplicationsThis module describes how to add offline support to a Web application, to enable the application to continue functioning in a user's browser even if the browser is disconnected from the network.
- Module 10: Implementing an Adaptive User InterfaceThis module describes how to create HTML5 pages that can dynamically detect and adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Module 11: Creating Advanced GraphicsThis module describes how to create advanced graphics for an HTML5 Web application by using a Canvas element, and by using Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Module 12: Animating the User InterfaceThis module describes how to enhance the user experience in an HTML5 Web application by adding animations.
- Module 13: Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web SocketsThis module explains how to use Web Sockets to transmit and receive data between an HTML5 Web application and a server.
- Module 14: Creating a Web Worker ProcessThis module describes how to use Web Worker Processes to perform long-running operations asynchronously and improve the responsiveness of an HTML5 Web application.
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses