- Duration: 12-14 Weeks, Once Per Week
The CIM Certificate in Marketing helps those in junior marketing positions understand the principles and best practices in marketing. It provides knowledge about customer relationships, segmentation, etc.
- Understand the role of marketing in business and recognize its implications for the organization.
- Utilize marketing research to improve customer communications; and analyze and interpret written, visual and graphic data.
- Distinguish between the types of organizations within the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- Recognize the importance of collecting relevant data and the variety of information sources.
The Chartered Institute of Marketing Certificate in Marketing is composed of four courses:
- Development of marketing and its changing role
- Various tools of the marketer and evaluation of their strengths and weaknesses
- Impact achievable through modifying the marketing mix
- Planning the management of marketing activities
- Development of awareness and understanding of the technological advances in marketing and the impact of information technology on the marketing mix decisions
- Customers and their behavior relating to marketing decisions
- Overview of the communication process in the context of marketing
- Importance of the customer when planning communications in marketing
- Effective communication
- Selection of a range of media across a variety of target audiences
- Utilization of data to formulate effective customer communications
- The changing nature of customer dynamics and technological developments; their impact on customer communications
- Marketing environment and its relevance for the organization and marketing practice
- Various types of organizations; their objectives
- Relationships with stakeholders
- Marketing implications of significant changes in an organization's wider environment
- Complex, dynamic and uncertain nature of the external environment
Marketing in Practice
- Application of marketing principles
- Broad range of relevant information to support marketing activities
- Development of appropriate internal and external business relations
- Development of key skills
- Use of marketing tools, activities and opportunities in a marketing and project-planning context
About The American University in Cairo (AUC)
AUC is the region’s leading English-language University and the center of the social, political and cultural life of the Arab world. With a community of students and faculty members representing more than 60 countries, AUC is a crossroads for the world’s cultures and a vibrant forum for reasoned argument, spirited debate and understanding across cultures.
AUC offers 36 undergraduate, 44 master’s and two PhD programs rooted in a liberal arts education that encourages students to think critically and find creative solutions to conflicts and challenges facing both the region and the world.
The University boasts the largest English-language library collection in Egypt, the fully equipped Kamal Adham Center for Television and Digital Journalism, three modern theaters and 13 cross-discipline research centers. The University’s modern, 260-acre New Cairo campus represents a major investment in the future of the city, the country and the region — a state-of-the-art facility for advanced research, innovative teaching and civic engagement.
Chartered and accredited in the United States and Egypt, AUC is an independent, not-for-profit, equal-opportunity institution.See all The American University in Cairo (AUC) courses