- Duration 12-14 Weeks, Once Per Week
- Locations New Cairo City
The CIM Certificate in Marketing helps those in junior marketing positions understand the principles and best practices in marketing. It provides knowledge about customer relationships, segmentation, etc.
- Understand the role of marketing in business and recognize its implications for the organization.
- Utilize marketing research to improve customer communications; and analyze and interpret written, visual and graphic data.
- Distinguish between the types of organizations within the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- Recognize the importance of collecting relevant data and the variety of information sources.
The Chartered Institute of Marketing Certificate in Marketing is composed of four courses:
- Development of marketing and its changing role
- Various tools of the marketer and evaluation of their strengths and weaknesses
- Impact achievable through modifying the marketing mix
- Planning the management of marketing activities
- Development of awareness and understanding of the technological advances in marketing and the impact of information technology on the marketing mix decisions
- Customers and their behavior relating to marketing decisions
- Overview of the communication process in the context of marketing
- Importance of the customer when planning communications in marketing
- Effective communication
- Selection of a range of media across a variety of target audiences
- Utilization of data to formulate effective customer communications
- The changing nature of customer dynamics and technological developments; their impact on customer communications
- Marketing environment and its relevance for the organization and marketing practice
- Various types of organizations; their objectives
- Relationships with stakeholders
- Marketing implications of significant changes in an organization's wider environment
- Complex, dynamic and uncertain nature of the external environment
Marketing in Practice
- Application of marketing principles
- Broad range of relevant information to support marketing activities
- Development of appropriate internal and external business relations
- Development of key skills
- Use of marketing tools, activities and opportunities in a marketing and project-planning context
AUC is the region’s leading English-language University and the center of the social, political and cultural life of the Arab world. With a community of students and faculty members representing more than 60 countries, AUC is a crossroads for the world’s cultures and a vibrant forum for reasoned argument, spirited debate and understanding across cultures.
AUC offers 36 undergraduate, 44 master’s and two PhD programs rooted in a liberal arts education that encourages students to think critically and find creative solutions to conflicts and challenges facing both the region and the world.
The University boasts the largest English-language library collection in Egypt, the fully equipped Kamal Adham Center for Television and Digital Journalism, three modern theaters and 13 cross-discipline research centers. The University’s modern, 260-acre New Cairo campus represents a major investment in the future of the city, the country and the region — a state-of-the-art facility for advanced research, innovative teaching and civic engagement.
Chartered and accredited in the United States and Egypt, AUC is an independent, not-for-profit, equal-opportunity institution.See all The American University in Cairo (AUC) courses