- Duration: 15 Hours
- Familiarize participants with the services and related products with the letters of credit (bank bailouts clearance and commitments on goods).
- Definition of the participants banking services for waiver of dues credits and bank credits gatherings service.
- Introduce participants to the risks arising from the products and services related with documentary credits and how to deal with it.
- Familiarize participants with banking facilities related documentary credits.
- Islamic financing (Murabaha / speculation / Post) Business and finance (discount and buy letters of credit / Time withdrawals / payments pledges futures).
- Letter of indemnity (LOI): background and transaction.
- Illustration of transaction with the use of LOI.
- The form of the LOI.
- Counter indemnities.
- Release of goods connected with documentary credits against indemnities issued or countersigned by banks:
- Steamship guarantee.
- Air way release.
- Assignment of proceeds.
- Documentary credit finance types:
- Islamic finance: Murabaha, Mudarba, Musharka.
- Traditional finance (pre-shipment and after shipment): discounting, purchasing and forfeiting.
- Forms and cases.
About Institute of Banking Studies
The Central Bank of Jordan began in 1965 to study the necessary means of setting up a team for theoretical and practical training aimed at promoting human cadres of the banking and financial sector and study its employees needs and satisfy their desires to advance their scientific and practical abilities . These efforts culminated in the creation of the Institute of Banking Studies in accordance with Article (37) Paragraph (d) of the Central Bank of Jordan Law and in accordance with the Institute,s Articles of Association No. (69) issued on 1970. The Institute was officially inaugurated on October 9, 1971 and was housed then at the Central Bank,s premises.
In the early 1990,s , the Institute witnessed a new stage ; the construction of the Institute,s permanent headquarter in Tla,a Al Ali , a suburb of the capital Amman . The complex was constructed on an eight dunums plot of land and comprised of administration units, academic and training activities halls, library, laboratories, cafeteria, health clinic and a multipurpose hall. Also , the Institute has two branches, one in Irbid and the other in Aqaba. The purpose of these branches is to widen the distribution of academic and training activities conducted by the Institute to cover the various regions of the Kingdom.See all Institute of Banking Studies courses