Start Up and Commissioning of new plant and equipment presents both a major technical and management challenge. An organisation's personnel must familiarise themselves with new equipment, processes and technologies, develop the relevant operating and safety procedures.
This programme addresses in an integrated manner the key activities involved in the safe, effective and timely commissioning and start-up of a new plant or facility. In this programme you will learn:
- About the six key stages of the commissioning process
- How to balance the technical and management challenges of commissioning
- How to deal with machinery and equipment specific commissioning issues
- How to Manage Risks and Solve Problems during commissioning
- About the six key stages of the commissioning process
- To develop and overall commissioning and plant start-up strategy
- To deal with machinery and equipment specific commissioning issues
- How to manage issues dealing with the commissioning of Electrical, Instrumentation and Utilities Systems
- To develop a overall commissioning management plan, resource plan and budget
- Troubleshooting and Problem Solving strategies which can be applied during commissioning
- How to manage risks associated with commissioning
Process Plant Start-up and Commissioning is a hands-on, stimulating learning experience. The programme will be highly interactive, with opportunities to advance your opinions and ideas. Participation is encouraged in a supportive environment.
To ensure the concepts introduced during the programme are understood, they will be reinforced through a mix of learning methods, including lecture style presentation, open discussion, case studies, simulations and group work.
The need for Plant Start Up and Commissioning is ongoing in any business that is growing, as new plant is added to expand capacity and to replace obsolete technology.
This programme aims to develop employees through exposure to the training and development experience provided by this programme, to build a "cadre" of knowledgeable and skilled staff who will be able to add value through their contributions to any situations involving plant start-up and commissioning.
They will be able to contribute in leadership or operational roles, both with knowledge and skills to ensure such projects are effectively and efficiently managed in a manner consistent with recognised best practices. A spin off benefit will be their ability to coach and impart learning to their peers and subordinates to the mutual benefit of individuals and organisation.
DAY 1 - Introduction and Preparation
- Introduction to Process Plant Start Up and Commissioning
- Organisation and Roles
- Supplementary Topics
- Cost Estimation
- Spare Parts Planning
DAY 2 - Commissioning Strategy
- Commissioning Strategy
- Mechanical Completion & Integrity Checking
- Pre-commissioning and Operational Testing
- Start-up/Initial Operation, Testing and Acceptance
DAY 3 - Process Plant and Machinery Specific Issues
- Process Plant and Machinery Commissioning
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Preparing and Isolating Process Plant
DAY 4 - Management, Planning and Control
- The Start Up and Commissioning Planning and Control
- A Short-cut Approaches to Planning
- Progress Monitoring and Control
- Earned Value Analysis
DAY 5 - Managing Risks During Commissioning
- Trouble Shooting and Problem Solving
- Risk Management
- Managing Safety and Quality
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.