- Price KWD 250
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations P.O. Box 24885, Safat 13109, Kuwait
This course reviews the most important aspects of shrimp fisheries management. It will provide the participants with knowledge and experience of recording the following information using a scientifically established procedure: Shrimp catch data; Fishing effort data; Biological information of the most important commercial species and estimate by interviewing the fisherman through systematic sampling days, the following; Total catch, effort and catch per unit of effort; Species catch and catch rate
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Fish market: Select the sample day, Interviewing the fisherman, Learn how and how many shrimp samples do we need to buy.
- Laboratory: Identify the commercial shrimp for weighing by sex and Sort the shrimp sample according to: Species/Sex, Maturity stages, Carapace length, Filling the biological data form
- By using special excel sheet program, the following data will be entered: Catch and effort data, Species catch, Carapace length frequency
- The final results: Tables or figures for each samples day as well as for entire month on Total shrimps catch,Total fishing effort, Catch rate, Species composition
Designed for Public Authority for Agriculture Affairs and Fisheries Resources staff as well as KISR’s staff.
Working Knowledge in Arabic and English
KISR is a pioneering, independent, national institute of scientific excellence. KISR’s initial role was dedicated to developing three fields of national importance: petroleum, desert agriculture, and marine biology. Since then, KISR’s role and responsibilities have expanded greatly to include the advancement of national industry and the undertaking of studies to address key challenges, such as the preservation of the environment, sustainable management of Kuwait’s natural resources, responsible management of water and energy, and development of innovative methods of agriculture.
KISR’s approach to meeting challenges is distinguished by a culture of openness, a commitment to our clients, and an integrated, cross-disciplinary approach. KISR routinely embarks on strategic partnerships with other regional and international institutes, agencies, and academic bodies, allowing an exchange of knowledge and expertise. Today, KISR is home to over 580 researchers and engineers and over 100 laboratories, housed at 8 locations, with growth expected through the implementation of a new strategic plan. KISR conducts scientific research and performs technological consultations, often in partnership with other regional and international institutions, for governmental and industrial clients in Kuwait, the Gulf region, and the rest of the world. These partnerships, driven by a philosophy of collaboration that runs deep within our culture, help build up our knowledge base, and facilitate the free flow of information, data, and expertise. This adds value to our clients’ business and ensures that the resources needed to confront the challenges They face are always available on demand.See all Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research courses