If you've ever wanted to learn more about how to become a private investigator, then Stratford's private investigator training course is for you!
Both corporations and individuals often call upon private investigators to help them conduct research and perform a variety of detailed investigations. Stratford's training can help you learn the skills you need to work toward an intriguing career as a private investigator.
This well-rounded course offers instruction on a number of fundamental techniques such as problem solving, interviewing skills, research formats, stakeouts, surveillance and more. View the complete private investigator training course outline.
Private Investigator Training Career Forecast
Learn more about private investigator jobs with Stratford.
- There are a number of private investigator jobs in today's job market that need to be filled by energetic inpiduals with an eye for detail and interest in security. Stratford's unique private investigator jobs training can help you learn usable skills and knowledge regarding duties involved in a variety of private investigator jobs.
Private Investigator Jobs and YOU…
- Private investigators often have an area in which they specialize, ranging from computer forensic investigators to corporate and retail private investigator jobs. Private investigators must be discreet, have an understanding of technical equipment, and be knowledgeable about different types of law, among other qualities.
Stratford's private investigator jobs training could lead to employment with:
- Law enforcement agencies
- Security companies
- Retail stores
According to the U.S. Department of labor, the median annual earnings of salaried private detectives and investigators is approximately $45,740.*
Private Investigator Training Course Outline
Introduction to Investigation and Law Enforcement
- History of Law Enforcement
- The Criminal Justice System
- Types of Evidence and Their Usefulness
- Interviewing Techniques
- Principles of Interrogation
Introduction to Conducting Private Investigations
- The Ethics of Being a Private Investigator
- How to Conduct Research, Interviews, and Surveillance
- How to Manage the Products of an Investigation
- The Law of Public and Private Investigations
- Accident Investigations
- Background Investigations
- Criminal Investigations
- Domestic Investigations
- Fraud and Financial Investigations
- Insurance Investigations
- Missing Persons Investigations
- Undercover Investigations
Investigator and Fraud Fighter Guidebook Volume 1
- The Successful Investigator
- Case Initiation
- Conducting Thorough Investigations
- Expanding Investigative Efforts
- Fraud, Waste, Abuse, and Systemic Weaknesses
- Summary Reports
Investigator and Fraud Fighter Guidebook Volume 2
- The Investigator's Toolbox: Resources, Tools, and Techniques
- Case Planning
- Large-Scale Investigations
- Making Presentations
- Providing Testimony
- Closing the Case
- Personal and Professional Growth
Stratford Career Institute is a privately owned correspondence school established in 1991 that offers at-home vocational training programs to students in North America
Stratford’s founders saw a need to meet the emerging education needs of today’s busy adult. Understanding the value and convenience of distance learning, they set out to develop an innovative style of correspondence education that would allow individuals to get a quality education – at home.
With more than one million students enrolled, Stratford has earned its reputation in the delivery of quality at-home career training.See all Stratford courses